cabin 10046-Marina

ptcellen

Just wondering if anyone has been in cabin 10046 before on the Marina. It is a handicapped cabin, and I am just wondering if it is any larger than the 174 sq feet of the other inside cabins? I know the bathroom, shower, etc, are wider. Thank you.

Ellen:)

114604.jpg10046 and 10050 are both much larger than the standard inside, and were obviously designed with the wheelchair bound in mind.

The door thresholds, from the hall to cabin AND from the cabin to bathroom, have been eliminated and while the finish of those cabins are identical to other "Insides", 90% of the built in storage has been adapted so that it is accessible from chair level.

In the bathroom, the Shower is what I would call "Roll In" and the commode is at "easy transfer height". The vanity under the sink has been adapted so that a person in a wheelchair may sit at it, and the mirrors behind the sink were also adjusted. There are grab bars throughout the bathroom, and an Alert button, in case special help is needed

Hope that this helped, I'm sorry that I have no photo's to share. :o

I'm just glad I made notes when I toured these cabins, my memory is "special needs", these days. .

Edited by JimandStan

Thank you Jim and Stan,

I should have directed my question to the experts in the first place....lol....

I knew on the deck plans that the cabin looked large, but when I called Oceania over the weekend, they told me it was 183 sq. feet, which I found hard to believe.

Next time I will just go to you first.

Thanks again. So excited for this cruise, our first on Oceania, but around our 25th cruise all together.

but around our 25th cruise all together

WOW! Now that is what I call an accomplishment!

Which was your first ship?

I go back as far as the second Mauretania

139008.jpg which my parents called the "NEW Mauretania" for as long as they lived.

Hi Jim and Stan,

Our first cruise was on the Rotterdam, Holland America out of N.Y. to Bermuda in 1976 or 77. Wonderful memories, as our children were very young and the staff loved playing with our daughter's pig tails........lol....