I Know This Has Been Answered Before, but...

sc4125

I know I've read about using an old Cruise photo to get credit for a cruise, but couldn't find it when I searched. My sister has 9 cruises showing, and can't swing another cruise this year (we've been on 2 in the last few months) - I made Platinum last time.

So, here's the question ... she was on a cruise on the Carnivale in the early 80's while I was working onboard. We have a picture that was taken in the Dining Room - show's Carnivale, but not the date. I remember reading on here that if you send a picture in, they may give you credit for the cruise. How do you go about this, and do you have to have the exact date? I believe it was in 1981, but I don't know the exact date. Where do you send it, and do you think this will work?

We used the picture they take of you when boarding, and it had the date. But if it shows the Carnivale name on it and she doesn't have another sailing in her records on that ship then that should be enough to get credit.

If nothing else its worth a shot...

I was able to get a cruise added just recently by sending in an old photo taken on the Mardi Gras in the 1980's. The email I used was VIFPprofileupdates@carnival.com.

Thank you for the link. It doesn't hurt to try, and my sister will be so thrilled if they can get her to Platinum this year.

So, I'm assuming you just scanned the photo, right?

Thank you for the link. It doesn't hurt to try, and my sister will be so thrilled if they can get her to Platinum this year.

So, I'm assuming you just scanned the photo, right?

Yes. I just scanned in the photo and gave them my approximate sale date (could only remember month and year). You should get a response from them in a day or two. They will let you know if you need to provide anything else - I needed to provide a copy of a current photo ID.

I just called my PVP a couple of years back and added one from 1999. I just told him the ship and the date and its added. When I sign in to my VIFP it just shows 7 day in 1999 but no other pertinent information. but I still get credit for it.

I hope sis gets credit. I ran into that with Celebrity but since I keep all my SS cards I had proof. I think they'd be generous to give her the credit since her looks have probably changed a lot in the past 30 years. My point is that to them it could be a picture of anyone.

I had two we didnt get credit for.

Had a picture of me with dancer and pirate on ecstasy with date and they wouldnt give me credit.

Sent picture of Sensation without either of us in the picture that we took and that one they gave me credit for.

Go figure.

Just one made me platinum so was satisfied.