Pacific jewel, Whitsundays

niftynev2

new to this,just had great cruise on Rhapsody of the seas(Royal Caribbean) to fiji,would love short 7 days around whitsundays,end of july 2014,looking for recommendations of cruises, have looked at Pacific Jewel,anyone know what I can expect from P & O ? looking for good entertainment.

Niftnev

There are some people who love P&O and some who hate P&O. All cruiselines and cruiseships are different - they all have both good and bad aspects. Anything that you hear from people about cruiseships or cruiselines is just their personal opinion - and you will find great variances between them. Some people will report that a particular cruise was the worst one of their life -- others will ask if they were really on the same cruise because they had a great time.

As is said -- "just do it!".. Ignore half of what you hear -- and ignore the other half :)

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

I have done many P&O cruises and got back last week off the jewel. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. She has gone downhill since we were last on her. I can't put my finger on why, it just was. Overall we had a great time but not for the entertainment or the food. They were not up to the usual standard. We had good company which made the trip more enjoyable. Staff was down. Poor cabin stewards have 20 cabins to do on their own. It was our 4th trip on her and probably our last.

The Pearl was far superior. We were on her 3 weeks prior. P&O need to lift their game. And yes we have been on many different cruise lines and we can compare.