Zuiderdam SS6108

Not exactly... I was in 6098, a few doors down, and found it to be very comfortable with a generous bathroom and veranda. Photos and review are in my sig below.

Candy

Has anyone had this stateroom. How do describe it? Thank you for your replies.

DH and I stayed in this room on the Zuiderdam in May.

First of all, are you aware that it is a handicapped-accessible room?

HAL requires documentation for those who book these rooms. They are only supposed to be released to people with disabilities, although close to the cruise date they can be booked by able-bodied pax.

This room does not have the same bathroom as the other non-accessible SS cabins.

It does not have a double sink.

I also think the tub may be different. It did not appear to be a whirlpool --> not sure if there are whirlpool tubs in the non-accessible SS cabins.

The shower and the toilet are together -- in other words, when you close the shower curtain, you and the toilet are on the same side of the curtain. Makes for a very wet toilet area.

I would think the interior cabin space is about the same as in the non-accessible SS cabins. We had to have our steward remove several pieces of furniture, however, to accommodate my husband's power wheelchair.

The bed was low, to accommodate a person with mobility problems.

The toilet is raised, for the same reason. There are plenty of grab bars.

If you are not in need of an HC room, you should book another SS.

• 8 years later...

Thank you for this information. I have oxygen concentrator and scooter. Need room, so may have to also ask for some furniture be moved. Glad bed is low, since on last http://www.cruisecritic.com it was to high. Was it king bed or queen? Queen split is small, king split is of course larger. Don't like sound of shower toilet combination and don't need bath tub. Hoping for response, thank you again.

Thank you for this information. I have oxygen concentrator and scooter. Need room, so may have to also ask for some furniture be moved. Glad bed is low, since on last http://www.cruisecritic.com it was to high. Was it king bed or queen? Queen split is small, king split is of course larger. Don't like sound of shower toilet combination and don't need bath tub. Hoping for response, thank you again.

Have you checked HALfacts.com for pics? The link to the website is in my signature.

Just click on the Vista ships. HC rooms should be similar in the ships in this class

thank you for this information. I have oxygen concentrator and scooter. Need room, so may have to also ask for some furniture be moved. Glad bed is low, since on last http://www.cruisecritic.com it was to high. Was it king bed or queen? Queen split is small, king split is of course larger. Don't like sound of shower toilet combination and don't need bath tub. Hoping for response, thank you again.

please note the above posts with information are 9 years old.