The Wyndham

denandben

The Wyndaham Resort has a water park, including a lazy river, slide a couple pools etc. For 50.00 per day you can use the facility including beaches, chairs, towels etc. Any input?

In St Georges I am leaning towards Tobacco Bay or Turtle Bay and also considering a boat to castle harbor. We are going to try a carriage ride and the candle light tour.

In Hamilton I thinking shelly bay beach,the aquarium, caves and harbour night are our choices.

Finally in Kings Warf we are looking at Dolphin Quest and maybe snorkel park, but would like some input on other beaches, as snorkel park does not sound so great.

We are traveling as I mentioned in earlier posts with a 2 year old and an 8 year old. Please advise, did I miss anything I should do, see or visit?:) :confused:

4 days till sailing!

As far as the kids go, I would probably skip the aquarium and zoo....it's not that great compared to zoos you find in the states. Put it this way, on a scale from one to ten, it's a 5. But it's a cool trip if you need to be out of the sun for the day. As far as the beaches go, you can't go wrong with Horse Shoe bay, they sell lunch stuff, have showers, etc. And it is so beaautiful. They also have a somewhat kiddy-pool area. Because I'm not a real snorkeling expert or anything, I would be happy snorkeling at any one of the beaches. I think what ever beach you choose, you'll be happy with the choice. The water is amazing. Have a GREAT trip!

The Wyndaham Resort has a water park, including a lazy river, slide a couple pools etc. For 50.00 per day you can use the facility including beaches, chairs, towels etc. Any input?

In St Georges I am leaning towards Tobacco Bay or Turtle Bay and also considering a boat to castle harbor. We are going to try a carriage ride and the candle light tour.

In Hamilton I thinking shelly bay beach,the aquarium, caves and harbour night are our choices.

Finally in Kings Warf we are looking at Dolphin Quest and maybe snorkel park, but would like some input on other beaches, as snorkel park does not sound so great.

We are traveling as I mentioned in earlier posts with a 2 year old and an 8 year old. Please advise, did I miss anything I should do, see or visit?:) :confused:

4 days till sailing!

WOW! All of the above sounds amazing! Where is the Wyndham? St George or Hamilton?

Horseshoe Bay is the most beautiful place I have visited, and Turquoise is also pretty, but small. Most snorkel there. Also is St Catherines, that I personally had a great time, band and tiki bar,etc, nice atmosphere.You will most surely have a wonderful time! :)

The Wynham is on the south shore near the Fairmont South hampton princess, and cross bay. Ft St CAtherine sounds nice too. I like the idea of entertainment that helps distract the kids and gives a resort type feeling. I have done a lot of reading on this board and the internet and came up with my ideas. The zoo was definintly the one thing I was considering skipping. Last year on the Dawn we stopped in Miami and went to the zoo, hot, humid mistake!

The Wyndham is formerly the Sonesta Beach Resort.

Do they still have the underwater bar??? My very first trip to Bermuda was in 1977 and on the far side of the beach they had an underwater bar almost like a round submersed metal ball....you climed down a ladder like into a submarine and could have a drink and watch the fish all around....really cool.

dondonma

The Wyndham is formerly the Sonesta Beach Resort.

Do they still have the underwater bar??? My very first trip to Bermuda was in 1977 and on the far side of the beach they had an underwater bar almost like a round submersed metal ball....you climed down a ladder like into a submarine and could have a drink and watch the fish all around....really cool.

dondonma

I heard this 2 years ago and was told it was a bit of a secret in Bermuda! Then, I never heard of it again! Until now. So I guess it is not a very publicized attraction. Did you actually do this? Let me know it sound really cool!

We did not get to go down into the bar. There was a storm off the coast and when the water is ruff, they close it. Although you would never know it, it was sunny and in the 80's on land but under the sea it was pretty rough......

The concierge showed us pictures, looked like an awesome experience.

dondonma

We honeymooned at the Sonesta 22 years ago, and would like to go by and see the Wyndam Hotel. Can you just walk in and maybe have a drink at the bar? What is this about a water park? Can you pay $50.00 pp and use the facilities for the day?

Thanks for the info.

My family is just back from a 5 night stay at the Wyndham Bermuda and we had an absolute blast! Our three children (10, 8 and 4) could not get enough of the water park. The hotel has three beaches - Boat Bay, Sinky Bay and Cross Bay, a pool, a kiddie waterpark area with small slides and lots of sprinkler type activity, a lazy river that was always empty, and two water slides (one that you needed a single or double tube for and one without). I overheard a conversation at the pool that the hotel charges $55.00 for children and $75.00 for adults for a daily pass, however, maybe it's different for cruise ship excursions. You can rent kayaks (highly recommend) and paddleboats (don't bother, the steering was lousy) at Boat Bay as well as floats and rafts, which we didn't do. I didn't see the underwater bar but maybe this was not included in the renovations after Hurricane Fabian? Or is this part of hotel folklore? The hotel offers a shuttle to Cross Bay - this beach was our favorite. Had showers, bathrooms, umbrellas, chairs and very few people. You can see the Southhampton Princess beach from Cross Bay and the colors of the water were quite beautiful here.

WWW - The Tip Toe Lounge is located off to the right after you enter the hotel lobby. We went there for dinner one evening and it offers a great view of the pool area and Boat Bay. I'm not sure if it's open during the day; I assume it is but we were always at the beach/pool during the day so I'm not sure. Call the Wyndham Bermuda and ask. The Tip Toe was never crowded at night and as far as I know it is open to the public. There's also the main dining room located at the bottom of the spiral staircase off the lobby - the Chameleon. The hotel has changed significantly in the last 22 years. I visited the Sonesta when I was a child and the hotel room I stayed in was demolished after Hurricane Fabian. The Tip Toe Lounge has pictures of the damage incurred at the property as well as a piece of the boat, Tip Toe; hence, the name of the lounge.

P.S. Dondonma, I did not run into your SIL at the Wyndham, but I imagine she was busy during the blackout last Thursday 7/14. I did meet the Foxboro native at Dolphin Quest on Friday.

We enjoyed our vacation and can't wait to return.

Glad you had a great time! ! ! Blackout and all.............makes for a memorable vacation.

You didn't miss much here.....we had great weather last week, you came home to this horrible heat and humidity. Bet you didn't miss it a bit.:D

dondonma

Archived