Yet another possible itinerary change - PLEASE HELP

cruising mickey

I concur with your statement. I've done Carnival once and I will never set foot again on a Carnival ship - even if paid to do so. :eek:

I must say this is one of the funniest threads, ever. Everyone has a way of expressing their thoughts and opinions, but it boils down to who you are. I respect them all and no matter what cruise line you select, choose the one you think will fits your needs and style the best. After all you are flipping the bill. Celebrity fan here.

I concur with your statement. I've done Carnival once and I will never set foot again on a Carnival ship - even if paid to do so. :eek:

If they ever pay you to cruise Carnival, let me know. I'll take your place in a heartbeat! :D

I too am about to embark on a Carnival cruise with my partner of 12 years. We have been on 2 other cruises with Carnival in the past, and never had any issue whatsoever with staff or other passengers. I chose the line mainly for the itinerary,from San Juan and touring the Southern Caribbean. These are islands which we have not yet experienced. This is a very port intensive tour with only 1 sea day. The added value of the reasonably priced fare allows more time and money to explore the ports, and not just the touristy dive bars and beaches. Vacation is what you make of it, and I try not to judge others. At the same time I could care less what they think of me as well. For now Carnival does the trick for me, in a few years I may want the slower pace of the other lines. I do like nice things and frequently dine in fine establishments with superior service. However, on a cruise sometimes a cold beer and a burger are the perfect accompaniment to a brilliant sunset.:)

I too am about to embark on a Carnival cruise with my partner of 12 years. We have been on 2 other cruises with Carnival in the past, and never had any issue whatsoever with staff or other passengers. I chose the line mainly for the itinerary,from San Juan and touring the Southern Caribbean. These are islands which we have not yet experienced. This is a very port intensive tour with only 1 sea day. The added value of the reasonably priced fare allows more time and money to explore the ports, and not just the touristy dive bars and beaches. Vacation is what you make of it, and I try not to judge others. At the same time I could care less what they think of me as well. For now Carnival does the trick for me, in a few years I may want the slower pace of the other lines. I do like nice things and frequently dine in fine establishments with superior service. However, on a cruise sometimes a cold beer and a burger are the perfect accompaniment to a brilliant sunset.:)

We just took the Southern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Valor in January. You guys will love it! St. Kitts and St. Maarten were our favorites. Make sure you go to Maho Beach in St. Maarten. It's a really cool experience watching the planes come in so low. Have fun! :D

We just took the Southern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Valor in January. You guys will love it! St. Kitts and St. Maarten were our favorites. Make sure you go to Maho Beach in St. Maarten. It's a really cool experience watching the planes come in so low. Have fun! :D

Maho is definitely on the to do list. Did you cab it there? I have not tried exploring on my own, usually book excursions. Did they accept US currency? Glad you had a great time, looking forward to this one, sadly still months away!:eek:

Maho is definitely on the to do list. Did you cab it there? I have not tried exploring on my own, usually book excursions. Did they accept US currency? Glad you had a great time, looking forward to this one, sadly still months away!:eek:

We booked the $25 Maho Tour through http://www.bernardstours.com/tours.html just to be safe. It is definitely doable to catch a cab at the port. Once we got to Maho we saw massive lines of cabs waiting to take people back to the ship. The cabs are plentiful at the Sunset Bar & Grill. No worries. It does get crowded. We got there around 10:00am and it was perfect timing. We were able to find a seat at the bar in perfect view of the planes. ;)

We booked the $25 Maho Tour through http://www.bernardstours.com/tours.html just to be safe. It is definitely doable to catch a cab at the port. Once we got to Maho we saw massive lines of cabs waiting to take people back to the ship. The cabs are plentiful at the Sunset Bar & Grill. No worries. It does get crowded. We got there around 10:00am and it was perfect timing. We were able to find a seat at the bar in perfect view of the planes. ;)

Thanks, I have been obsessing over all the ports and things to do. I would love to chat with you since you so recently did this itinerary. If you're up for it you can e-mail me at aricczona@gmail.com