Dear Upgrade/Upsell Fairy,

TracieABD

Guest USC Traveler

actually, the upgrade fairy visited me twice, on two cruises, at the time of check-in for the cruise, so they do visit at the last minute too!

cheers and good luck

Mine is a holiday cruise and I received an upsell, but it wasn't selling well at all. 10 days until sailing and there are a LOT of insides and outsides left. I think they've offered a lot of upsells from the disappearance of balconies and suites.

Bunnies- I want you get get an upsell offer too!

As a matter of fact, I want all of us to have this fabulous option!

I will say, there are many suites available on our cruise. We are now under three weeks, so this may get interesting!

Waiting.... waiting.... patiently waiting.... (ok, maybe not so patiently!:p)

Well, here is the latest update...

We received an upsell offer.:)

We are currently in a VB gty.

We were offered an SS-SZ for $249ppp or an SA-SC for $599pp. We have decided that we will hold out a little longer as the combined upsells would actually be greater than one of the cruise fares.

I am totally welcoming opinions! Because, ya'all are the best!:)

We were offered an SS-SZ for $249ppp or an SA-SC for $599pp. We have decided that we will hold out a little longer as the combined upsells would actually be greater than one of the cruise fares.

The SS-SZ is not bad, but I would also hold out. Keeping fingers and toes crossed now.:D

Considering that you have a Holiday sailing the upgrade cost to the Signature Suite for $249 is not too bad but that may have been the difference in what you paid to the last Flash price for the SZ since you have a VB. If you were in a SS or SY already I would say there will be definitely another offer or two more for the Neptune Suite but thinking that most likely there will not for the Signature Suites. ...... Just my opinion form frequent experience. In all honesty it is not at all likely your cabin will be assigned as a Signature Class Cabin. You will most likely be assigned a VA.

No better offer...

All of the Neptune Suites are gone.

I think my golden retriever type hope and enthusiasm is dwindling.

I can be very, very happy in the VB gty that I booked.:)

There's still lots of time, Tracie. And if worst comes to worst.... VB is good.;)

Checking in with an update- We are nine days out and still "homeless"... (In the past I have always received a cabin assignment by the 9th day).

My TA checked and as of yesterday there were still SYs and SS available, but HAL is holding fast the original upsell.

Still a mystery, but much of the fun is in the anticipation!

No worries...:)

Checking in with an update- We are nine days out and still "homeless"... (In the past I have always received a cabin assignment by the 9th day).

My TA checked and as of yesterday there were still SYs and SS available, but HAL is holding fast the original upsell.

Still a mystery, but much of the fun is in the anticipation!

No worries...:)

No News for me either :o Although the categories I wanted an offer for are totally sold out so right now could end up in a Life Boat :eek: :D

No News for me either :o Although the categories I wanted an offer for are totally sold out so right now could end up in a Life Boat :eek: :D

My alternate plan is to camp out at the Passenger Service Desk on the couches. Do you think they will get the hint???:p

From what I'm reading on upsells, I think we were lucky. We booked the guaranteed verandah cabin and the price was more than reasonable. Our first upsell email was for $149/pp for a Signature Suite. I was hesitate, but took it. A few days before our Nov. 30th cruise, another email offered the Neptune Suite for $49/pp. We grabbed it and were so spoiled. Can't imagine any other way to cruise now. It was a treat and it was wonderful. Sounds like we really did do well at this price point. (total cost /pp was about $800).:p

From what I'm reading on upsells, I think we were lucky. We booked the guaranteed verandah cabin and the price was more than reasonable. Our first upsell email was for $149/pp for a Signature Suite. I was hesitate, but took it. A few days before our Nov. 30th cruise, another email offered the Neptune Suite for $49/pp. We grabbed it and were so spoiled. Can't imagine any other way to cruise now. It was a treat and it was wonderful. Sounds like we really did do well at this price point. (total cost /pp was about $800).:p

You did very well.

I am not homeless! We were assigned a VA 8100. It is right under the Lido deck and pool, so I am hoping it will not be too noisy. But anywho.. Not complaining. We booked a gty and understand what comes along with that.

I am still holding out hope for an upsell offer (at the right price).

Thanks!:)

I am not homeless! We were assigned a VA 8100. It is right under the Lido deck and pool, so I am hoping it will not be too noisy. But anywho.. Not complaining. We booked a gty and understand what comes along with that.

I am still holding out hope for an upsell offer (at the right price).

Thanks!:)

Not bad at all.:D And there's still time for an upsell, but if it doesn't come, you'll be happy with your assignment.