More Dining Details:

ragen

American Feast sounds interesting...

Free champagne, pasta prepared table side, and a desert parade? Sounds like the old days.

I don't think John presented this change well yesterday. The more details and information that come out, the better its sounding.

Edited by TheTravelista

I'm not very good at change - and I do like the more formal setting - it's a treat for me - but the bottom line is: someone else cooked it, someone else served it, and someone else is going to clean the dishes - so I find it hard to complain:D

New dinnerware and silver will cost a lot for the line. I believe CCL wants to be the cruise line (of the three major) that is known for the best MDR experience.

I am a pescatarian (fish eating vegetarian) and while there appears to be cuts in seafood and vegetarian entrees I will just have to overdose on apps.

So go to Mexico, and you get a taco, which is really just a sandwich. Meat, some cheese, and maybe if lucky get some veggies. Don't get me wrong, but I like taco's. Just not in a MDR on a cruise ship. You can dress this up as much as you want, but the bottom line is Carnival is looking at the bottom line. Low quality food, and make it festive to disquise it.

So go to Mexico, and you get a taco, which is really just a sandwich. Meat, some cheese, and maybe if lucky get some veggies. Don't get me wrong, but I like taco's. Just not in a MDR on a cruise ship. You can dress this up as much as you want, but the bottom line is Carnival is looking at the bottom line. Low quality food, and make it festive to disquise it.

So you consider the lobster tail and prime rib low quality also since it's on the same menu,.

I am excited about the new menu. It appears to me to be a little classier than what we have had, even with the linen removal. I really like the "Didja" being changed to the term "Rare Find". I say give them a chance.

It does sound like this will be slow to move fleet wide as it will only be one ship now, three more in the spring and then 2015 for all. I think that is what Heald said. Of course the whole thing could be scrapped if people do not respond fondly to it on the first few ships.

Quote from the article:

The line will be spending more on food and on supplies such as new silverware and plates to best present the dishes. New menus and logos have a distinctly American look.

Obviously more cutbacks!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Then dont order the tacos simple as that....Its not the only entree on the menu. By the way, I'm sure there are many poor people in Mexico who wish they could afford to eat a taco, let alone afford to take a cruise.

OMG . There are MANY other items on that menu that are no where close to being a sandwich, or cheap for that matter.

If you ask me these new menus - so far - seem to be a HUGE step up and actually do some innovative for a change. I guess you can't make everyone happy though.

I really like the everyday menu choices on the sample menu.

But the Feast menu, needs some options. There is no salad available. And the menu is seafood heavy. Having an allergy to seafood & dairy products, this is a problem menu. Basically I can eat the Prime Rib for dinner. At least I used to have a salad & chicken. Hope it takes awhile to get to my ship

But the Feast menu, needs some options. There is no salad available. And the menu is seafood heavy. Having an allergy to seafood & dairy products, this is a problem menu. Basically I can eat the Prime Rib for dinner. At least I used to have a salad & chicken. Hope it takes awhile to get to my ship

There are 2 non-seafood app, a pasta and 2 non-seafood entrees on the feast menu. This is just a sample menu and will probably change along the way to include a chicken entree.

I do agree that the feast isn't the best. Hopefully they still have every day options to go along with the menu shown. I am happy with lobster or prime rib, but it would be nice if there were more options.

The other menu is great! I love that they have sauces to choose from for your steak or chicken.

The Port of Call selection is a great idea. My mother's biggest complaint (and she's more of a Regent customer than a Carnival one, so I was kind of shocked she didn't have a lot more to say) when she went on a family cruise with Carnival was that there was no local fish (they went to Alaska). Having a menu that focuses on local dishes is a great idea.

I'm personally incredibly bummed there is no more Indian vegetarian dish. I think I got that 5 out of 7 nights because they didn't have anything else I wanted. But I'm a picky eater, so that's my own fault.

This may be silly but will you still be able to order more than one entree ? My dad orders a lobster tail and prime rib when it's on the menu and never had an issue.. With this new menu change does anyone think this will not be allowed ?

Although it says clearly ----------------OR-----------------

Mr Heald says you can still order whatever and how many as you like.

If you read the feast menu, you will see it says grill items available upon request. I think this means the items on the american table menu that are under from the grill, which is the new everyday menu. They include chicken, steak and pork chop, plus a fish. So that makes 8 entree choices, including 4 non fish, 3 fish and a vegetarian option. Sounds like you will be just fine.