Online Check In Up And Running

From what I've gathered, it prints a barcode/pass for each credit card used in the cabin(s)............does that help? Seeing as the pass has to be signed by the authorized credit card user, that seems to make the most sense :cool:

Not sure... I have not gotten through the whole process but I was able to link my 2nd reservation in the "how will you pay your shipboard bill" section. Not sure if that has an effect on how many bar codes I will end up with.

I am not sure what to do about my kids (14 and 18) and online charging. I know there are horror stories, but I do want my youngest at least to be able to get the soda card.

What is the symptom??? Is there an error message? You can't expect people to be able to give you suggestions if you don't tell us what you are seeing.

I had also completed the embarkation forms, and it is letting me in (although I have my own problems due to my passports being expired).

When I sign-in to complete the on-line forms, I put in all personal information (name, booking ID, date, ship). I go to the embarkation forms, which were already completed months ago. I tried to edit the embarkation forms, thinking I could get into the credit card info, etc. NO error codes, just nothing further than embarkation forms. When I hit continue...it just asks if I want a printable form. I can't find any place to enter credit card information or agree to the cruise contract.

I'm not sure what "symptom" you refer to.....I don't get any error message. I just can't get past the embarkation form like my last post indicated.

When I sign-in to complete the on-line forms, I put in all personal information (name, booking ID, date, ship). I go to the embarkation forms, which were already completed months ago. I tried to edit the embarkation forms, thinking I could get into the credit card info, etc. NO error codes, just nothing further than embarkation forms. When I hit continue...it just asks if I want a printable form. I can't find any place to enter credit card information or agree to the cruise contract.

I'm not sure what "symptom" you refer to.....I don't get any error message. I just can't get past the embarkation form like my last post indicated.

What you are seeing/experiencing is normal for passengers on ships that do NOT have online check-in available yet.

But I thought it was turned on for all ships?
Uh, not even close! Based on RCL's announcement, they rolled it out initially only for NOS. Then, in July, they were extending it to six of the larger boats. Since I believe RCL has 20 cruise ships, that means, if they are on schedule, this online check-in feature is available to only about 7 of 20 ships in their fleet. Without considering a ship's passenger capacity, you have a 35% chance of having online check-in. Even allowing for the fact that the Voyager-class (i.e. bigger boats) are the ones going first, I'd say at least half of the passengers do not have this ability at this point. In summary, it seems your odds are better if you're sailing a big ship in the Caribbean, and your odds are worse if you're sailing a smaller ship to a more exotic itinerary (such as Alaska). So, for everyone out there trying desperately to figure out how to check-in online--it's probably not available for your ship! For those that did not read the announcement, RCL was shooting for on-line check-in for the following ships by this time: Navigator, Majesty, Explorer, Adventure, Sovereign, Mariner and Empress of the Seas.

I have been trying to do the on-line check-in without any luck. We are on the Enchantment on 8/21/05. When I go to the forms, all I get is the embarkation forms, which I had completed months ago. Perhaps this is the reason I can't get to the on-line check-in? Any suggestions? I guess I may have to contact RCCL. Has anybody else had the same problems?:confused:

I don't think that succes is based on the ship, but rather the departure port. I suspect that Philadelphia is not set up for this new process.

I sailing on Empress this weekend to Key West and Grand Cayman. I was able to complete the online check-in fairly quickly and easily, using my US Passport info. However, I did experience one problem. I couldn't use Firefox (Mozilla) web broswer to finish Step # 3 of the online check-in. I had to finish up the entire process with Microsoft Internet Explorer. After switching to IE, the process finished like a champ and I was able to print out my SetSail form for tomorrow afternoon's sailing.

RUBRRICK -- I am having the same problem as you. I put in my debit/check card as my form of payment. I am thinking that may be the problem. Did you actually put in a real credit card? Maybe they can't verify the credit for me.

Yes, I put in a "real" credit card and my cruise is paid in full. I checked back this morning and everything shows "completed". I believe, after reading other posts, that the Monarch OS, or the port of San Pedro is not on RCCL's approved list. At the end, RCCL asks for my email address. I have not spoken with an agent yet, but feel they just are not set up on this ship.

I like the new arrangement set on the "boarding documents". It now shows a four step process, rather than just one.:rolleyes:

Rick

Now...If everyone does this...Wont this line be as long as the old one :D

Great idea...hope it speeds things up.

(curious about the person leaving tomorrow)

It said this must be filled out no later than 4 days before sailing.Wonder if they will have you in the system!

On-line check-in is available for the 12/11 Mariner except for printing the Set Sail Pass. Assuming waiting to either verify credit card or more likely receipt of final payment. All steps show "completed" and they will e-mail when pass is ready to print. Seems similar to airline boarding passes...cannot print pass if you haven't paid for a ticket.

I completed my forms last night for the Mariner 8/28. There are 3 of us in the cabin and it will print only one copy with my name and an area for my signature. Do I need a copy for each guest?

I'm a little confused because on the form it reads:

"Remember: A copy of the SetSail Pass with the appropriate signatures will be needed in order to board the ship! All guests on the SetSail Pass must be present to board. Minors must be accompanied by an adult when boarding."

Dotsie

Hey, how 'bout this? We don't sail until January 2nd on the Brilliance. I filled out all the info, including credit card info, until they said, "We'll get back to you via e-mail". Guessin' that they are waiting for our final payment (due in October), then they'll get back to us. That's all cool with us. Can't wait to sail on the Brill again!

We completed our Set Sail passes (one for each of us but we're using 2 different credit cards) yesterday for our August 28 sailing on the Serenade of the Seas out of Vancouver..........but we didn't have to wait for any email; we printed our Set Sail passes, complete with bar codes, right away.........maybe they are still working out some of the glitches :confused:

Would appreciate some feedback as to where you're sailing from, rather than your ship.

We are sailing "from" Quebec City, on the Enchantment which was not on the early test program and have successfully print out my set sail pass. I think there is only one cruise, maybe 2 sailing from Quebec, so I don't think the port of embarkation is an issue. Of any port, this one would be the most likely NOT to have the new process since they rarely sail from it. FYI, we have made our final payment and there was a 30 minute delay to be able to print the set sail pass with a valid barcode.

We are sailing "from" Quebec City, on the Enchantment which was not on the early test program and have successfully print out my set sail pass. I think there is only one cruise, maybe 2 sailing from Quebec, so I don't think the port of embarkation is an issue. Of any port, this one would be the most likely NOT to have the new process since they rarely sail from it. FYI, we have made our final payment and there was a 30 minute delay to be able to print the set sail pass with a valid barcode.

Thanks Murphy.

Now I'm really confused. We're sailing out of Philly on the Enchantment on 7/31. Your post verifies that Enchantment is working, and Quebec and Philly are both low traffic ports. I'm stumped, and RCI tech support is no help at all.

just completed mine and have set sail pass for this sept 23rd on the VOS:D

happy , happy, joy, joy

VOS is VOYAGER of the Seas, right?

WE are going on Voyager a week from now and do not have access to online forms. Only to the Guest Information Forms.

Archived