Celebrity Reflection 01/18/14 sailing!

stevesing121

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, count one more couple in - my husband and I are counting the days!

This will be our first Celebrity cruise, having tried RC (on the Brilliance out of Dubai) and having enormously enjoyed a QM2 TA in '12. Looking forward to a week of sun, as this is our first winter not in the tropics in many years. We also just signed up for the CC meet and greet and will likely turn up for the LGBT meetup if there is one.

Welcome to you both! Funnily enough, I'm actually looking at Brilliance of the Seas for my next cruise to the Baltics. I'm debating between Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Holland at this point.

From what I've read, Celebrity posts the time/place for LGBT gatherings at the front desk on some bulletin board? I'll try my best to stop by as well.

We really liked the Brilliance, although our trip was before the '12 refit that swept away our favorite place, the Champagne Bar. We lived in the UAE, so the itinerary (three UAE stops plus Muscat, Oman) was less the attraction than being onboard, and it was extremely comfortable. Loved the solarium (although all the pools were chilly) and really liked the open-air stern dining area in the buffet (something I'm happy to see Reflection also has).

See you in two weeks!

Thanks for the recommendation! We actually decided to book HAL Eurodam instead, mainly due to the itinerary, which includes 3 overnight stops. On Royal, a 12-day itinerary includes 4 sea days and HAL's 12-day only includes 2 sea days. We decided to prioritize time in port and I've also heard good things about HAL, so we'll see!

Only about 1.5 weeks until I fly down to Miami for a pre-cruise stay and some much-needed warm weather!

Hey everyone only days away! Just wondering if there are any other gay or lesbian couples sailing on the 18th aboard the Reflection. My partner and I will be sailing and just trying to meet fun people to grab drinks with!

Yep, that's the whole purpose of this thread! Looks like AlexDouglass (gay couple) and myself will be onboard and we haven't heard from stevesring (gay couple) lately. On Celebrity, I've read that they post LGBT gathering time/location at the guest services desk on a bulletin board, so I'll try to attend that, but otherwise it sounds like the Martini Bar is a popular, natural meeting spot. Sort of our "watering hole" ;)

Agreed. I sometimes refer to those as the entitled whining sessions. The roll call isn't very active either. Maybe Paula's group doesnt know about CC

LOL I have to agree with your M&G assessment! On the Breakaway, the group whined about smokers on the ship and asked why they couldn't ban them to a specific side of the ship or make the whole thing non-smoking. The flustered Cruise Director kept explaining that they were running a business and smokers also spend money, but kept getting the same complaint over and over. Really embarrassing.

The roll call is fairly active, but mostly people reporting on how cold it currently is.

It is, at the moment, kind of a repetitive roll call - but to be fair, if you're anywhere in the northeast or midwest, it is pretty amazingly cold.

We're signed up for the M&G and will probably go just because I've never been to one. I do imagine a living version of those nightmare dress code, "they're cutting the food quality," and "why was everything better ten years ago?" threads, but we shall see...

We're signed up for the M&G and will probably go just because I've never been to one. I do imagine a living version of those nightmare dress code, "they're cutting the food quality," and "why was everything better ten years ago?" threads, but we shall see...

Haha, I can imagine the same thing! "I saw someone wearing shorts in the dining room and it RUINED MY CRUISE!"

In case you're concerned, it's sort of warming up here in NYC - we went from single digits yesterday and Tuesday to 20s and will be in the 50s this weekend. Just doing my part with the daily weather report :D

Haha, I can imagine the same thing! "I saw someone wearing shorts in the dining room and it RUINED MY CRUISE!"

In case you're concerned, it's sort of warming up here in NYC - we went from single digits yesterday and Tuesday to 20s and will be in the 50s this weekend. Just doing my part with the daily weather report :D

In Minneapolis, we are now sitting at a wonderful 16 degrees which has been a far cry from the -30 temps on Monday and Tuesday!!

Have either of you guys been to any resorts on St. Maarten for the day? There is supposedly a beautiful Radisson BLU but its on the opposite side of the island on the "French" side...We wanted to stick closer to the port...

Edited by stevesing121

I'm afraid that unless we have cabin fever by that point, we may just stay on board - we lived on a beach for the last few years, and I just keep seeing that Solarium/Persian Garden/Relaxation Room/Sunset Bar with me in it and most of the others on board on shore!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...