What (good) things can you tell me about Breeze?

psbfan01

After a lackluster experience on Legend this year, I thought I wouldn't book Carnival again ... but to make a long story short, here we are! Booked for 1/12/14 sailing. This will be my sisters very first cruise!

We have a spa balcony room (#12028). Can you tell me if any extras are included with that other than access to Cloud 9?

Speaking of which, can anyone give me a "run down" on the spa? It has a thalassotherapy pool, right? I have always wanted to try that.

What else does the spa have? On the deck plans I see a laconium, tepidarium, oriental steam bath, etc. Which of these areas are co-ed?

On embarkation day, is there anywhere else to eat lunch besides the buffet?

Also would love to hear thoughts on specialty restaurants, etc. What is the Serenity area like on this one?

We were booked on NCL Dawn but that ship appears to have gone off a cliff! Hoping a newer ship with better amenities will be to our liking and keeping a positive attitude about CCL! Would love to hear anything informative about this ship....

Anyway cant wait to have the warm choc melting cake again!!!

TIA!

After a lackluster experience on Legend this year, I thought I wouldn't book Carnival again ... but to make a long story short, here we are! Booked for 1/12/14 sailing. This will be my sisters very first cruise!

We have a spa balcony room (#12028). Can you tell me if any extras are included with that other than access to Cloud 9? Non-smoking balconies! Your neighbors will not (should not) be smoking. Plus, there are 2 free classes that you can take, which we didn't do: limited options & times. And there are few other insignifcant things: extremely tiny toiletry samples that are empty in a flash, slippers that are too large for NBA players, different color beach towels.

Speaking of which, can anyone give me a "run down" on the spa? It has a thalassotherapy pool, right? I have always wanted to try that. Yes, that T-pool is included for you. It is very nice. My mom really liked it.

What else does the spa have? On the deck plans I see a laconium, tepidarium, oriental steam bath, etc. Which of these areas are co-ed? They are all co-ed. I have done the Magic's spa, which is identical. If you pull up my Magic review (the link is in my signature), you can find pics & descriptions of these rooms & the T-pool in post 18. The way in/out is at the Tepidarium, the mildest temperature of the 4 rooms. From there, you enter into the other rooms. The aroma steam bath is a small, steamy, hot room. The laconium was my favorite: hot, but not too hot, nice scent. From the laconium, you enter the oriental steam bath, which is also very steamy & hot. Each room has different scents & temperatures. I really enjoyed these.

On embarkation day, is there anywhere else to eat lunch besides the buffet? Most definitely. There is a free pasta bar at Cucina del Capitano in the aft of deck 11. It can be accessed by stairs near the aft buffet. It gets busier as the week goes on, but many people don't know about it at first. Great embarkation lunch spot. You also have Guys burgers or the Blue Iguana burrito bar, but those are open quite a bit during the cruise. There is also the Mongolian station. On sea days, there will be an okay BBQ on the lanai, deck 5.

Also would love to hear thoughts on specialty restaurants, etc. What is the Serenity area like on this one? Didn't do specialty restaurants, and I only passed by the serenity area. I was too busy with things on the ship.

We were booked on NCL Dawn but that ship appears to have gone off a cliff! Hoping a newer ship with better amenities will be to our liking and keeping a positive attitude about CCL! Would love to hear anything informative about this ship....

Anyway cant wait to have the warm choc melting cake again!!!

TIA!

Most of what the Breeze had, I really liked. I could harp on the negatives: poor theater shows, not much live music, toned down decor (which some people see as a positive), sectioned off lido buffet sitting areas with more walls & dividers makes things awkward & creates bottlenecks of people. However, just know about those things, then forget about it & focus on the positives. The waterpark is amazing. Only NCLs newest ships can beat Carnival's Breeze/Magic/Dream when it comes to waterworks. The ropes course is fun, the 4D theater (for an extra cost) is cute & fun for all ages. The lanai on deck 5 is a nice place to relax during the day or night. And way too much food!

Edited by k2excursion