What time will we get at the port?

JrMafia90

We have a 7:15 AM flight out of Philly to FLL. We arrive at Ft. Laurderale at 10:00. I figure by the time we get our luggage and head to the bus it will be about 11:00 and by the time the bus leaves and the 45 min. ride to Miami we should be at Miami by 12:30. Is this a good time? Or do you think we will arrive later. We have transfers through Carnival. Thanks.

Depends. I think the Carnival buses wait until they are full before they leave. So if you are the last on board you'll leave sooner than if you are the first. Check into a taxi, it MAY be cheaper! I am not that familiar with FLL and Miami, though so I don't know.

Sort of depends on whether your flight is on tiime, whether your luggage arrives with you and hasn't been lost, that land transportation is ready to go when you are and what the traffic between the airport and the port is like. Lots of "ifs" . . . that's why I've found it to be a lot less stressful arriving the day before my cruise, seeing a little of the departure port city, getting a nice goodnight's sleep, having a nice long breakfast and taking my time getting to port. :)

It also depends on traffic... 45 minutes would be how long it might take with no traffic, accidents, etc... As long as your flight is on time, you should be fine... but you may arrive at the port later than you anticipate...

Sort of depends on whether your flight is on tiime, whether your luggage arrives with you and hasn't been lost, that land transportation is ready to go when you are and what the traffic between the airport and the port is like. Lots of "ifs" . . . that's why I've found it to be a lot less stressful arriving the day before my cruise, seeing a little of the departure port city, getting a nice goodnight's sleep, having a nice long breakfast and taking my time getting to port. :)

Well you might of read another one of my posts, we were planning on flying in the 27th. This way we don't have to rush. But we are coming back from Italy on the 23rd and this wouldn't be enough time to get ready. We can't change our Italy flights. So we got an extra day by leaving the day of the cruise.

Archived