Bringing a twelve pack of soda onboard?

cccjenn

Sadly, no matter how many times I try to kick the habit, I am terribly addicted to Mt. Dew. I am planning to buy the new "replenish" package anyway, but since Royal doesn't have any Mt. Dew, does anyone know if I can carry on a 12 pack?

And also, can I put a luggage tag on it or do I have to carry it onboard myself?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sadly, no matter how many times I try to kick the habit, I am terribly addicted to Mt. Dew. I am planning to buy the new "replenish" package anyway, but since Royal doesn't have any Mt. Dew, does anyone know if I can carry on a 12 pack?

And also, can I put a luggage tag on it or do I have to carry it onboard myself?

Bringing water or soda on board is technically against Royal's rules. However, they usually don't enforce that rule.

Thank you for your replies!

Can I tape a luggage tag to the box and send it on?

Most people report that this works for them. It didn't for us in Port Canaveral this past March, but I'm guessing it was because we were still in the spring break period. I suspect if we would have had the water in a duffel bag, the porters would have accepted it without question.

On the NOS last week and brought a 12 pack of soda.

I just taped a luggage tag on it and taped the ends so it wouldn't bust open.

Gave it to the porter and it was the 1st piece to arrive in the cabin.

If it didn't show, it was only $3.00.....

On the NOS last week and brought a 12 pack of soda.

I just taped a luggage tag on it and taped the ends so it wouldn't bust open.

Gave it to the porter and it was the 1st piece to arrive in the cabin.

If it didn't show, it was only $3.00.....

This is what I figure. If they do not allow it, no big deal. I'll be on vacation and won't have much to complain about. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We taped a luggage tag on a case of water and it made it to cabin with no problems. We were cautious about soft drinks but discovered that Pepsi had the cruise terminal account, so we bought diet Pepsi's with the loose money we had since we already had cleared security and check in.

Bring water and soda on every cruise, typically put it in a big soft sided cooler with luggage tag. I'm bringing a case on next week, longer cruise, but may carryon, as I've been reading the porters do not like to take the packs.

Bring water and soda on every cruise, typically put it in a big soft sided cooler with luggage tag. I'm bringing a case on next week, longer cruise, but may carryon, as I've been reading the porters do not like to take the packs.

Your comment about having read that porters do not like to take soda packs is interesting. Care to share your source so that I may read the article(s) myself?

Also, were they talking about the dockside porters?

Your comment about having read that porters do not like to take soda packs is interesting. Care to share your source so that I may read the article(s) myself?

Also, were they talking about the dockside porters?

It has been mentioned in previous soda/water threads, don't know the exact ones. Yes, dockside porters.