RCL - problems with remaining payment - frustrated

Hi Everyone,

I've called Royal Caribbean 5 times in the last 9 days to try and get things straightened out with regards to payment. Our cruise account on-line states that our final payment is due on December 10, 2013. The amount showing through my on-line reservation does not match what we owe (we owe less than what the on-line account is showing). We have .pdf documentation that shows we owe less, but I don't want to end up showing that we still owe money when we don't.

Since the problems were "rectified" over the phone and via emails, the on-line account hasn't changed in 5 days. I called again this morning and the woman I spoke with put me on hold to fix the situation. She said the problem was fixed and to log back into my RCL account and everything should be fine. Guess what..... no change...

Has anybody had this happen before? Should I be worried? Should I try calling a different phone number? Is there a certain department that really can fix the issue?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Alexa

Many people have been reporting problems with a strange outstanding balance showing. There appears to be some issues with the software changes Royal made in October. All I can suggest is to have them email you an invoice that indicates payment in full so you have something to show if there are any problems.

Ours has been incorrect for several weeks (since they did the last IT update). Our account is paid in full but there is balance due when I look at my reservation. The customer service rep says at their end, it shows zero balance. She sent me a copy of the invoice to show that. The balance showing is only $7 but it bugs me too.

I know (or I think I do) what the $7 is. We scheduled prepaid gratuities when we made our reservation about a year ago. Since that time, they have gone up $.35 per person, per day. We're on a 10 day cruise next month so the system "thinks we owe" $.70 more a day for gratuities. So fix it already!

Edited by MS52

Ours is also off by $5.60 for an 8 day cruise which would lead one to believe that the .70 a day theory on the gratuities is correct. I too called and had them email me an invoice showing us paid once I had made the final payment. I wonder how many people have paid the extra and how much RCCL has made off of that??

I've had the same problem with a client's booking. I added insurance and the taxes went up. They corrected the problem. I paid final and the taxes went up again. The only way to keep it from changing again is I can't go into the booking again. I have to contact sales if I need to do something. So they definately have a big problem that they can't seem to fix.

Ours is also off by $5.60 for an 8 day cruise which would lead one to believe that the .70 a day theory on the gratuities is correct. I too called and had them email me an invoice showing us paid once I had made the final payment. I wonder how many people have paid the extra and how much RCCL has made off of that??

I paid the extra charge one day. The next day I got the same amount back as a credit. My account still shows the extra charge. Go figure.

Hi Everyone,

I've called Royal Caribbean 5 times in the last 9 days to try and get things straightened out with regards to payment. Our cruise account on-line states that our final payment is due on December 10, 2013. The amount showing through my on-line reservation does not match what we owe (we owe less than what the on-line account is showing). We have .pdf documentation that shows we owe less, but I don't want to end up showing that we still owe money when we don't.

Since the problems were "rectified" over the phone and via emails, the on-line account hasn't changed in 5 days. I called again this morning and the woman I spoke with put me on hold to fix the situation. She said the problem was fixed and to log back into my RCL account and everything should be fine. Guess what..... no change...

Has anybody had this happen before? Should I be worried? Should I try calling a different phone number? Is there a certain department that really can fix the issue?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Alexa

I'd just call and pay in full the agreed on amount you owe and have them email you pd in full invoice. Never mind about the online discrepancy after that if there is one.