last minute travel and marriott elite status

georgiacrzr

hi there,

has anyone used this website for their hotel and still been able to receive their elite status at the hotel.

i know we won't be able to get new points for the stay, but we are wondering if they will still recognize us as platinum and get the free wifi and free breakfast because we are marriott platinum?

thanks!

It will be up to whomever is at the front desk when you check in. At least that's what we have found.

We have actually had points added to our loyalty accounts after asking. Even with dicount site bookings. Sometimes it works just to ask nicely.;)

Actually, when it comes to Marriott in any case, earning points and receiving one's elite status benefits are 2 completely different things. While you most likely won't receive points for a booking thru LMT, elite benefits are provided regardless of the booking method - even on Priceline wins. Thus, free breakfast and internet (and Plat welcome amenity).

However, for Marriott, I never book with a 3rd party - instead, I file a Look No Further lowest-rate guaranteed claim, and receive the lower price -25%, plus all my points and benefits :D.

Edited by Twickenham