Review of NCL Spirit Canary Islands & Morocco Nov 22-Dec 1, 2013

jlajr

Carol.

I have not yet been on NCL, am going next month but all cruise lines operate the same system.

You are asked to put your luggage outside your cabin by midnight. Keep a small carry on case with you for your overnight things.

You will collect your cases in the baggage hall after disembarkation.

Some people, eg, if they have a very early flight, prefer to carry off their own bags.

We have done both and either way so OK.

Hope this helps

Gill

Hi Jlajr.

Thank you for sharing your experience of the cruise. We sail in one week and this is our very first cruise so it has been great to get a feel for what goes on, on board! We can't wait, and are counting down the days, even more so after reading your review.

Can you help me with something please? in the brochure it says that luggage is collected from the cabin on the last night but you mention packing in the morning and carrying your bag off...is it possible to hang on to your luggage on the last night? I only ask because we have booked the steakhouse for our last night and plan to dress-up a bit but I don't want to have to squeeze all my finery into a small rucksack if my suitcase is taken away from me! :)

Also, thanks for the great tip about the luggage service from the port to Barcelona airport. We will definately give that a try... and the Trivia Quiz, and the Name that Tune, and the warm bread and butter pudding dessert.

Carol

Thank you for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you have a great trip.

Gill's correct. You can either have the staff take your luggage off the ship or you can walk off with it yourself.

Even though I did not have an early flight, I walked off with my backpack and one piece of luggage, as I've done on all my recent cruises.

Sent from my Asus Fonepad using the Cruise Critic Forums app.

Many thanks for the interesting, comprehensive review and pictures and follow-up responses. It is all reassuring as we plan our Oct. 21 sailing from Venice around the Med on NCL Spirit. The ship has been taking a lot of hard knocks lately in the CC member review section, particularly for cold food and slow service in the main dining rooms -- also for some aspects of the ship that might well be fixed in dry dock. We hope this thread will continue and that others who have sailed recently on Spirit will add observations.

Hi!

Another little question.... Do you remember if they had the question and answer with the officers activity as they do on some of the other Ncl ships?

Thanks

I can't remember if there was a question and answer at the Latitudes cocktail party with the ship's senior officers, but I don't think there was.

A bunch of other officers attended the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet, but I don't remember anyone asking them any questions, although we could have.

Beyond those two activities, I don't know.

Amazing review.thank you so much.hubby and i are on the cruise in 6 days and now im mire excited than evef!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I hope you have a great time!

Many thanks for the interesting, comprehensive review and pictures and follow-up responses. It is all reassuring as we plan our Oct. 21 sailing from Venice around the Med on NCL Spirit. The ship has been taking a lot of hard knocks lately in the CC member review section, particularly for cold food and slow service in the main dining rooms -- also for some aspects of the ship that might well be fixed in dry dock. We hope this thread will continue and that others who have sailed recently on Spirit will add observations.

Thanks for reading it, and I hope you have a great cruise!

I haven't responded on those other threads, but I only had one issue at a main dining room, the one time I went to Garden, when I think it took a long time to fill the table, order, and be served our food. I was not feeling well, so that might also have affected my impressions from it.

I do agree with the comment on slow service in the dinning rooms,breakfast took 45 minutes on day from ordering to serving. The rest of the time there would be a lag between one of the courses. I don't think it was not worth eating in the dinning room, but because I was traveling with kids it meant we gave up our after diner coffee since they took to long to bring or even take our dessert order.

They did have a question and answer with the captain and ships officers. If you find my review under a similar title but add family you will see which day it was.