Other ships in Port

lilmizz

So we sail out on the Dream on 1/18/2014, Cant wait. I was looking at other sailings of other ships and it looks to me like the Dream will be the only ship in the ports on the specific days we are in each different port. Does anyone else know how to check this a easier way. to see if Im correct.? Im kinda excited that we may be the only ship! Cozumel on the 20th Belize on the 21st Roatan the 22nd and Costa on the 23rd:)

Thanks All!

I am on the same sailing and checked a site awhile back. It appeared there was at lest one ship each day with us. But never a lot. I can't remember the site though

We have a roll call going if you haven't already joined...

Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com - it's been more accurate that cruisett lately...

So we sail out on the Dream on 1/18/2014, Cant wait. I was looking at other sailings of other ships and it looks to me like the Dream will be the only ship in the ports on the specific days we are in each different port. Does anyone else know how to check this a easier way. to see if Im correct.? Im kinda excited that we may be the only ship! Cozumel on the 20th Belize on the 21st Roatan the 22nd and Costa on the 23rd:)

Thanks All!

Sorry, there's at least one other ship in every port with you... 4 others in Roatan! :eek:

Edited by oldrailfan

I tried the site. I cannot even find Caribbean to start with. Thanks for the advice, but very difficult site to navigate...

Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com - it's been more accurate that cruisett lately...

Sorry, there's at least one other ship in every port with you... 4 others in Roatan! :eek:

I tried the site. I cannot even find Caribbean to start with. Thanks for the advice, but very difficult site to navigate...

The way I use it is go to Cruisett.com then click on Ships and choose your ship, then click on the month/year for your cruise. It will show you each day and the port and if you look to the right it will show you any ships in port with you each day and the total number of passengers for all the ships in port.

On the first page you get to, they list "Ports of Departure," then "Ports of Call" further down the page. Both are listed by country rather than region - for example, Roatan is listed under "Honduras" in the P-O-C area, not Caribbean, Belize is in "Belize," and Costa Maya and Cozumel are listed under "Mexico." You click on the port, and a calendar page opens, then click on the date of your visit. It shows the other ships in port that day.

Another way is to click on your Port of Departure, on the calendar for your departure date, then click on your ship. It will give your itinerary with a clickable link for each of your ports of call. When you click on that link, it opens to the page that shows the other ships in port and their arrival and departure times. Not easier or harder than TT, just different, IMO.

Edited by oldrailfan
syntax

What these sites :eek:don't show:eek: are private charters which can design their own schedule of ports

A few years ago, our chartered Smooth Jazz Cruise arrived at a port, where there was one other ship (normal weekly scheduled port of call ) docked...several guests on the other ship were very upset because they felt the cruiseline had "lied" to them and actually told us we had to leave because the port was reserved for "them"...I did not know whether to be insulted or laugh....decided to laugh plus our charter had 3500 guests their ship held 2000..the best part of the situation we were scheduled to have a 4 pm lido deck concert , they were scheduled to sail at 430 pm so all 3500 of us"waived" goodbye to them as they sailed away and "wished them a safe voyage" home

A few years ago, our chartered Smooth Jazz Cruise arrived at a port, where there was one other ship (normal weekly scheduled port of call ) docked...several guests on the other ship were very upset because they felt the cruiseline had "lied" to them and actually told us we had to leave because the port was reserved for "them"...I did not know whether to be insulted or laugh....

Just genuinely curious how you learned that several passengers on the other ship were upset because of your ship's presence.