Review Pearl Dec 8-15 W Carib – dailies, Haven & more!

Artemis

Oh, Artemis, you are incredibly helpful. I hope I can return the favor someday.

Visuals make all the difference in the world. When I show this to my husband, he might just agree to come with me!

Thank you again for serving as my own personal tour guide. By the way, I belong to a wonderful book club and one of my favorite members is a beautiful woman whose name is Artemis.

Jean

Oh, now I get it, this is all about convincing hub to get off the ship and go have fun with you! My husband is generally picky and frequently prickly! I often have to do all kinds of back flips to get him going on the program. ;) I went back through old trip reports and figured out that we did the Sunset Grande resort in MoBay not Ocho. But, looking at the Ocho resort site, it seems very similar/familiar. (And I do know it gets very positive reviews here and on TripAdvisor.) So, maybe you should surf the website and show your husband the shots you think will grab him! I distinctly remember two things: (1) the property was clean and the service was friendly, and (2) my husband loved the lazy river!

A fellow book clubber! Do you ever read as much on cruises as you think you will?! I always go with Great Expectations :p but I have a hard time sitting still too long on a cruise. I read only one book (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand--a WWII story) on the Pearl cruise. I love hearing you know someone named Artemis. I have never met anyone in real life who went by the name Artemis. I chose the handle because it is a play on my real name. If Artemis is the Greek goddess, then ____ is the Roman goddess. :)

I love your playful twist on words. My friend, Artemis, is a beautiful Greek woman and adds so much to our book club discussions.

Yes - I always load up my Kindle AND get books out of the ship library and then find myself staring out to sea or observing people. Very little gets read.

I have read "Unbroken." Everyone should. Did you see the 60 Minutes segment about how he went back to Japan and met up with his tormenter so many years later?

Well, we are off the subject. Regarding husbands - I do have to prepare my sales pitch for all shore excursions. My husband's favorite refrain is "I thought the cruise was the vacation............." In his defense, I have led him on many strange journeys through unfamiliar territory.

Your review and responses have been spot on and so helpful. You - Diana/Artemis - are a wonderful ambassador for Cruise Critic.

Jean

SGC, I'm thinking we are simpatico in many ways. Like you, I enjoy talking travel and exchanging info, so posting here is a joy, and if it helps a fellow traveler a bit, well, that's a bonus! Speaking of help, thanks for the tip on the 60 Minutes piece--I didn't see it, but will look for it. I wish we were Roll Call chatting--we could make a date to meet on board and swap tales about leading husbands on strange journeys through unfamiliar territory!

January 5 is just around the corner. Wheee!