Joining up with cruise

cruisingbetty

We are doing the Sydney - Tasmania - Sydney cruise in February. My son lives in Tasmania and would love to cruise up to Sydney with us.

Does anyone know if P & O do that sort of thing? Have anyone every done it?

Thank you

This would not be possible unless the cruise was sold with a segment Tasmania to Sydney and there is no way a short cruise would be split into segments. The main reason is that there would be no embarkation procedure half way through the cruise. Even if your son paid for the whole cruise (Sydney back to Sydney) he probably still wouldn't be able to board in Tasmania.

Some cruise lines occasionally allow what you're suggesting, however he would still have to pay for the full cruise (there would be no discount for fewer days). P&O would be able to confirm if it's possible or not in this instance so I would suggest calling them to ask. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your answers. To those who suggested I ring P & 0, agreed good idea, but I thought the idea of these boards were to help each other, especially those who may have done the same cruise. :mad:

To ring P & O and finally get connected to someone the other side of the world, is not my idea of using my time.

Edited by cruisingbetty

Thank you all for your answers. To those who suggested I ring P & 0, agreed good idea, but I thought the idea of these boards were to help each other, especially those who may have done the same cruise. :mad:

To ring P & O and finally get connected to someone the other side of the world, is not my idea of using my time.

I would hate to give you the wrong info cruisingbetty, which is why I recommended going to the source. As far as I'm aware, P&O's call centre/res team is still based in Australia.

I would hate to give you the wrong info cruisingbetty, which is why I recommended going to the source. As far as I'm aware, P&O's call centre/res team is still based in Australia.

p&o moderator posted this on facebook

our Cruise Consultants are split over two offices, one in Sydney and the other in Manila. Our Sydney team have been taking calls for about 18months now and Manila started taking calls in September. Happy to take onboard any feedback you have about our consultants - they are all very eager to improve!

Edited by rkmw

p&o moderator posted this on facebook

our Cruise Consultants are split over two offices, one in Sydney and the other in Manila. Our Sydney team have been taking calls for about 18months now and Manila started taking calls in September. Happy to take onboard any feedback you have about our consultants - they are all very eager to improve!

I had occasion to ring them recently and got a manila based operator. The call was handled excellently and in a timely manner. But it seems the OP would prefer half baked guesses.