Anyone else apprehensive re Hurricanes?

Hi All. The hurricane season has begun earlier than normal this year and I am so worried about our flight 7/24 to San Juan. Unfortunately we were unable to fly down the night before so now I will be worried sick checking the weather forecasts throughout the week. Please say a prayer that we don't encounter problems!!

Although I do hope that you will not encounter any bad weather, I would not worry about it. Weather happens, nobody can control it. Just surrender yourself to the idea that whatever will be, will be. In the meantime, I certain that we all hope for the best!

I bought trip insurance so that we can at least get our money back. It's not the same as actually taking the cruise, but we'd be able to plan another one if some hurricane got in the way of our getting there or sailing. We did the same thing when we sailed in the wintertime - because the snow storms can stop you from getting there too (we're in the northeast).

Yes, I have cruise insurance but since this IT for my family this year, I would be so bummed if something went wrong. I never cruised in August or later as that is when typically things get a bit risky re hurricanes. I realize that technically the season begins earlier, the law of averages has shown that August & September are notorious for storms. Thanks for the good thoughts!

We knew booking this Princess cruise what our risks were--hurrincanes being one of them. It was also the only month we both could get the necessary vacation time as well. Lauren is in Grad School going straight through the year. I pray that things won't be interrupted too badly, but am fully aware of what got ourselves into. Crossed fingers here!

The thoughts definetly in my mind! I look at the weather constantly now.... Nothing I can do either way so no matter what I'm planning on a great vacation... 8 more days till we head to miami and 10 to cruise.... I'm excited...

I prayed for a hurricaine to affect our cruise last Sept. because RC's compensation was so good. I'm taking a cruise this fall at 50% off and we had $250 shipboard credit on the hurricaine cruise. We lost one day and didn't see Belize, but I thought it was well worth it. Our insurance reimbursed us for all expenses incurred after the delay of cruise was announced by RC. It was an adventure. We looked at it that way and made it much less stressful. Good luck!

Archived