Need Help for a private tour in RIO

Charlot11

Hi, we are looking for a private tour in Rio. Probably this subject had been discuss early but we just book and since we are going back to Canada the same day (plane at 11pm) and the tour with Holland are sold out, we will have all our luggage with us.

So we are looking for a private tour who can take care of our luggage all the day while we will visit Sugar Loaf and Corcovado.

Do you know a great and secure private tour?

I have asked to Rafael Torress but had a partial answer, since not heard again from him. Then I asked Manu Peclat but there are no places for this days.

Do you know other doing private tour in RIO?

Many Thanks for your help.

Here is a tour guide that was recommended on another thread or review: Diana Persi, email dianatoursinrio@yahoo.com. Her website is http://www.tourguideinbrazil.com I'm not using her because I only have half a day in Rio, but she was very responsive to emails.

Hi Boulders,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Can I ask you something.... Diana and me had many emails for this tour. She seemed very nice but she ask me to pay a deposit with paypal and I am not sure that her way to do it is ok... how did you pay your excursion?

Hi Boulders,

Can I ask you something.... Diana and me had many emails for this tour. She seemed very nice but she ask me to pay a deposit with paypal and I am not sure that her way to do it is ok... how did you pay your excursion?

Hi

I did not book her.

I have used paypal, but not for a shore excursion. There is always some trust involved in a private shore excursion. The private shore excursions we are planning for our South American cruise mostly have payment in cash at the time of the excursion.

We just returned from Rio yesterday after 4 days. No one can predict the weather but we had 3 good days out of 4. Two gorgeous days with blue skies. Marcio picks you up from the dock and/or hotel and is always early. His tour starts around 7:20 to get a head start to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf. Car is new and air conditioned. English is very good. http://www.Marcioriotours.com

Highly recommended.

Hi Boulders,

There are so many tourists who do not follow through that a deposit may be the only way a guide is assured of not losing a valuable day.

We are using Glayber next week. He was highly recommended on Trip Advisor and as a frequent traveler, has asked all of the right questions to tell me he is on the ball. His fees are reasonable.

His email is Transfer Rio <transferrio@transferrio.com>. He usually responds first thing in the am or late pm.

He will require 20% to be deposited on paypal to reserve your spot

I will post more on Wednesday as I know more! He is picking us up at the airport on Monday, touring us on Tuesday and taking us to the port on Wed.

As promised - am reporting back on my tour with Glayber. He is incredible! We ended up with one extra person at the last minute (ie - emailed him as I was boarding the plane) and he handled it effortlessly for the airport pickup.

Our tour today was so great. He had a game plan for the day but was constantly making tweaks based on what he he saw interested/didn't interest us. He is very knowledgeable, gracious and patient - VERY patient!

Hoping you have a great tour as well!

• 10 months later...

We hired Glayber for a day tour in Rio for December 2014. He was very communicative when he wanted the paypal deposit. However, I wanted to advise him that we were going to be 6 people and work out times etc. I sent numerous emails and he has not answered.

I'm concerned. Did ud have this problem?