Price Changes

Kenato

I have never seen price changes like I am seeing today. We are on May 23 Baltic Cruise and there have been major, I mean major price invreases on most cabins. Verandah cabins for example were around $2500- $2700 with exception of two classes and now all but those two classes are over $6,000!!! Neptune suites have gone from $5,000 to $12,000, Pinnacle from $11,000 to $22,000 and even some interiors have gone from $2,000 to $4,000. Have noticed similar price jumps on other cruises and dates..I trust their computer has just blown a circuit board and it will be adjusted soon.:confused:

I checked, too, because I'm interested in this cruise. The May 23 sailing had Signature suites for $2999 which is $600 pp less than May 11. When I looked, the May 23 price was still $2999, but May 11 was priced at $7199 for a Signature Suite - thousands more than a Neptune.

I think it probably has something to do with the work being done on the website today even though the notice said it would take place later in the day.

Well the web site updating can not have been responsible for the price increases. Updates are done and they are still there and in fact some of the categories that did not go up before are now up. Our VD increased from $2,099 to $6,119. There still appear to be plenty of cabins available. Just very glad we booked early!!

Well the web site updating can not have been responsible for the price increases. Updates are done and they are still there and in fact some of the categories that did not go up before are now up. Our VD increased from $2,099 to $6,119. There still appear to be plenty of cabins available. Just very glad we booked early!!

If this is your cruise,these are the latest prices without logging in.

12-DAY BALTIC ADVENTURE ms Eurodam

Cruise For More Info For more info... Departure Dates:

Fares shown are for the specific departure date. Select a date to see other available fares.

Details

Save to my favorites Login to add to Favorites

Compare (up to 3)

Interior

From

US$1,599*

per person

depart 23 May 2014

Ocean-view

From

US$1,799*

per person

depart 23 May 2014

Verandah

From

US$1,999*

per person

depart 23 May 2014

Signature Suite

(Superior Verandah Suite)

From

US$2,999*

per person

depart 23 May 2014

Neptune Suite

(Deluxe Verandah Suite)

From

US$3,999*

per person

depart 23 May 2014

You may qualify for special pricing. Please login or register.

*Fares are in US$, per person, based on double occupancy. Fares reflect best fare available for a stateroom in each category, on this date on this itinerary from a snapshot taken in the last 24 hours. Fares do not include Government Fees & Taxes. View pricing terms

If this is your cruise,these are the latest prices without logging in.

12-DAY BALTIC ADVENTURE ms Eurodam

Cruise For More Info For more info... Departure Dates:

Fares shown are for the specific departure date. Select a date to see other available fares.

Details

Save to my favorites Login to add to Favorites

Compare (up to 3)

Interior

Where and when did you get these price quotes. Not what is on the HAL site now.

And it is real because Holland is starting to charge luxury line fares for its verandas and suites.. I quit sailing Holland several years ago because I could get a true luxury line for several hundred a day cheaper than I could on a Holland America... and it included all tips, all drinks/liquor, Rt air, all restaurants.....

Holland has seized on and is capitalizing on its hard core loyal passengers and banking they wont change...just pony-up to the new price without jumping ship. and banking on blind brand loyalty. From budget cruiser to those wanting luxury they want a hand in every pocket yet all on the same ship

At present rates, all things considered I can book a 5 star ship for about $200-$250 a day less than a Holland America cruise on equal length cruises.

Do the math..I did

And it is real because Holland is starting to charge luxury line fares for its verandas and suites.. I quit sailing Holland several years ago because I could get a true luxury line for several hundred a day cheaper than I could on a Holland America... and it included all tips, all drinks/liquor, Rt air, all restaurants.....

Holland has seized on and is capitalizing on its hard core loyal passengers and banking they wont change...just pony-up to the new price without jumping ship. and banking on blind brand loyalty. From budget cruiser to those wanting luxury they want a hand in every pocket yet all on the same ship

At present rates, all things considered I can book a 5 star ship for about $200-$250 a day less than a Holland America cruise on equal length cruises.

Do the math..I did

Check the website again. We had booked a Neptune Suite for $5,049 a couple months ago. This weekend it jumped to $12,000+, but late morning I got an email from the site that watches the prices to tell me the price had dropped. Our suite is $4649, or a drop of $400 each. We would have to give up the Explore 4 package if we want the lower price. Talked with our PCC and he was very surprised those high prices were posted on the web. He said they post those internally while doing website maintenance, but he had never heard that the high prices got out on the web.

I'm still seeing standard brochure prices for the May sailings - May 11 $7199 for SZ, May 23 $8399 for SZ. I guess that shoots down my theory that it was a glitch to be corrected during the scheduled maintenance. The prices changed all right - all of them jumped up, not just certain categories.

I don't know why some are seeing lower prices on the search results. Tracking cookies, maybe?

Yea, looks like they fixed the Hal computer which must have been fed too much juice at its Christmas Party. Prices are back to regular levels and in fact the majority seem to have had a price drop and a small increase for others. Cruise Fish only reacts to changes issued by the Hal computer. (Of course we all remember what Hal did in Space Odyssey 2001!!!)

The price of my cabin (SC) for my Mediterranean cruise went up this morning from $7549 to $9369 and it is still at that price.

I was lucky to get rid of the Explore 4 when I did and lock in the lower price in a cabin which is presently an SA and will become an SC when the new categories go into effect.

Terri