Passing along some info....

I just returned from my first cruise and I wanted to pass along some things that I learned.

Please keep in mind when you are requesting or giving information that all ships do not have the same policies, options, and facilities. For some things this is obvious. But this may not be the case with things you'd think would be system-wide.

We just got back from a Vision of the Seas cruise to Alaska and here are a few things that I found out about this particular ship....

1) There is NOT a way to put a limit on a child's Seapass card. It's either "able to charge freely" or "not able to charge".....basicially activated or not activated.

2) The onboard photo shop does NOT have the capability to transfer digital photos from a memory card to a CD. This is something that will supposedly change after they refurbish the ship.

3) There is no voice mail on the cabin phones. I was hoping that my son could keep me informed to his where-abouts this way.

4) You cannot check your Seapass account on the TV. I was told that you can request to have that information sent to your cabin daily.

None of these things detracted from our experience and they weren't a big deal, but they were things that I expected as I had seen many posts on them. This board has been invaluable to me as a first time cruiser and I've learned so much and appreciate the wealth of knowledge that is here.

Just wanted to pass along a friendly reminder that apparently each ship can be very different. Be sure to give your ship name so you can get accurate information and if you are giving information, please remember that some things may not exist on all ships.

Keep the great information coming....

Archived