Cabbage Soup Diet?

smcs28

So now questioning and offering advice is criticizing? ..

When the advice is negative and given without being requested... yes. Not only is it criticizing....it is rude.

End of discussion on my part. I am unsubscribing to this thread.

I have the support of 3 ladies in my office who are excited about this eating plan (yes....they all understand it is short term and that at the end will need to go to a permanent better eating plan!)

Hope you can find something in life to make you happy!

So now questioning and offering advice is criticizing? I AM doing something positive. I am offering solid advice to people. It's unfortunate that you can't see fit to understand that.

There are exercises that people who are wheelchair bound can do. Hopefully you won't become infirm again, but if you do, ask you doctor for a referral to a physical therapist who will be able to set up an exercise routine that you will be able to do while you recover. Unless you are a quadriplegic, there is no reason not to exercise. And even quadriplegics get exercise through physical therapists.

By the way, my dog is stupid, but he's a bundle of love, and that's all that matters.

I think the OP is very young, by the way she writes. She does not want your "criticism". Hopefully others will appreciate your wise advice.

Edited by champagne123
xxx

Five pounds is the norm with almost any diet, as it is mostly water weight.

Exactly. The first week or two of any diet, there is no fat lost, just water and tissue.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

• 1 month later...

It's one thing to offer your opinion..... until you post it over and over in an attempt to be "right". You stated your opinion.... so why feel the need to keep reiterating the same old blah blah blah? She's is going to do what she pleases regardless....

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing this diet now. I understand the blah, blah, blah of why a change of lifestyle is better, etc. and of course it's everyone's right to give advice on boards but, frankly, I won't be listening so you can save it.

I did this diet a couple of months ago, lost a few pounds and after that slowly lost several more pounds. The thing I liked about this diet was that it was MOTIVATING to lose weight quickly. I fully understood that it was not a long-term plan and that I would not be doing it forever. Nor did I expect to keep losing 5-10 pounds a week. The point for most people is that it's motivating to lose some weight quickly and they get frustrated with "lifestyle changes" that feel depriving (they're not - we're really just used to eating horribly!) and then only lose a pound for their efforts the first week or two.

A week isn't going to do any long-term damage and if it motivates someone to KEEP UP the good work, then it's worthwhile! After being done a couple of months ago I continued to make good, healthy choices and continued to lose weight at a slow rate - a lifestyle change! I am doing it again because I need a little motivation again to continue.

It would be very difficult to convince anyone that a temporary crash diet is less healthy than being overweight! Agree that if you gain it all back right away you totally missed the point. But people are going to do what they want and use "diets" how they will so getting bent out of shape because everyone won't listen to your advice seems silly.

I'm a little bummed that half of the threads on this forum quickly turn into a debate about dieting in general and cannot seem to stay specific to the posted subject. It's obnoxious and not helpful. I suggest that those who have advice post it once and then either ignore the thread or stick to the subject ONLY, not pushing the same advice over and over and over. These forums should be for sharing and, frankly, they're an entertainment choice - most of us are here to enjoy the posts of others and find some friends in similar situations. It's really rotten when some turn it into a great debate (which obviously is their form of entertainment) and just frustrate and annoy everyone else, ruining the experience for them.

• 8 months later...

Wow did this spark a debate I just finished this cabbage soup diet and lost 7 lbs. Yes I know mostly water but my pants feel better I feel great and to me was just a jump start I am motivated now to eat healthier and have started to work out. My soup was delish!!! And the whole family loved eating it.

• 1 month later...

:eek: This is crazy, I have a wheelchair bound son with Muscular Dystrophy and he exercises daily. I get that you want to jump start your diet because when you see results it makes you want to keep going. I joined this late but I will try the diet because after the holidays and booking a cruise I would like to get back into eating a more healthy diet and I believe this will be a good kick start to it. :) Happy New Year to all and good luck.