Super Bowl on ship!

dibh1129

I would be shocked if they didn't.

We switched to a March cruise last year. But the three years before, it happened that every year the Super Bowl was on the night we got off Adventure in San Juan. Watching the Super Bowl at the Caribe Hilton in SJU was becoming a tradition:D

We are leaving on Jan 31 on Explorer. Does the ship get the feed of the game live?

They'll have a Super Bowl party in one of the larger lounges. Lots of fun and good food. Get there early if you're picky about where you want to sit.

One year the feed had no commercials. We'd see what the broadcast crew was doing during the commercials. Frequently they were rewinding/fast forwarding through big plays or an injury so they could talk about it after the commercial.

Another year the feed had commercials in a foreign language (spanish, if I remember correctly) but the broadcast play-by-play was in English.

• 11 months later...

We sailed during super bowl and it was a blast. Had the game on in the theatre. Staff gave out team flags and banners, and sides were separated. Chefs had prepared hot dogs, nachos and other appetizers available in theatre for the entire game. We had a blast even tho our team was not playing. My girls were 4 and 6 and they still have their flags as they have such good memories.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

We Sailed Carnival Valor this year during the game out of San Juan.

The RC Adventure of he Seas left port at 8pm during the game which means the muster was in conflict with the game. This probably upset a few people.

Carnival stayed in Port and they had a big party out at the pool which moved inside due to rain. The ship did not leave till very late (midnight) due the game. It was great that the captain did this to please the fans.