How bad has POM been for recent NCL customers?

CP Tech

So I set sail on the Peal out of Miami this coming Sunday. Been doing some reading and found a lot of people complaining about how bad the lines are for customs and check-in have been in the past.

Has this been corrected or should I plan on a 10am showtime?

Sailed out of NOLA last December and I don't remember waiting in a line more than 5 mins, and that's because someone going through customs was getting into an argument about the amount of booze they were trying to smuggle on the ship.

We sailed out of POM several weeks ago on one of their busiest days. We arrived at peak time and lines for all ships were out the doors and snaked around for hundreds of feet. Surprisingly enough, it moved really fast considering how many guests were trying to process in. From the time we handed our luggage to a porter, until on board, was about an hour and fifteen.

Sailed out of Miami three times and never had an issue with the port. Of course, I always like to arrive early anyway to get on board and start my vacation as quickly as possible. :D

Yeah.. that's why I showed up early for the Star last year and will for the Pearl this year. That and it's the daughters first cruise/trip out of the country and I want her to have as much time to enjoy the ship as possible.

That and daddy needs a Corona. ;)

We boarded the Epic in Miami on Nov. 30--our first time on NCL and at that port.

Arriving about 10:30, we were able to check in almost immediately. The process was smooth, and we had a comfortable place to wait for boarding. I don't remember how long the wait was--certainly not excessive--and the opportunities for people-watching made it go fast.

Princess remains our favorite line, but we had a delightful cruise on the Epic and would happily do NCL again if the price and itinerary were right.