Passion Island on Carnival Paradise

minerva78

I'm looking at cruises on the Carnival Paradise which is in Cozumel from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Does anyone know if the Passion Island excursion is available on Paradise itineraries? I have been to Nachi Cocom but did not care for the beach there, and the beach looks so much nicer at Passion Island. But I didn't know if the later arrival time would affect whether or not they offered the excursion. They list the excursion as being 5 hours but I don't know how late the beach is open there.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about the itineraries for Paradise but we just got back from Passion Island a few days ago and were really disappointed. If you're big drinkers, it will be a great day because the booze is free and unlimited and then you won't care about anything else. Ha! But if you're like us and you don't drink, it may not be your best choice. Let me know if you want details but I didn't want to hog your post since you didn't ask for a review on Passion Island. :)

I am curious to find out what you didn't like about Passion Island. The unlimited drinks wouldn't bother us, since my husband and I would want an all inclusive experience. Though we would have our kids with us this time, so if it's nothing but a drunken party atmosphere that wouldn't be ideal. I really wanted to go there because the beach looked SO beautiful, that was the main reason. Although I am considering Playa Mia or Mr. Sanchos as well if we make it to Cozumel. So I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

The boat ride is 45 minutes each way. So, you need to subtract almost 2 hrs from your beach time for traveling. The water is crystal clear until you get to the beach and then it is very milky. You can't even see the bottom. Lots of seaweed but that may depend on the time of the year. They limit you to a very small area where you can go on the island...you can't just explore. The beach chairs were hard plastic, shaped like a rounded surf board. Not very comfy. The lunch was just okay (chicken wings, rice, grilled fish, chips, fruit, cookies). Nice hammocks to enjoy the shade but there aren't many of them and you aren't close to the water if you need to watch the kids swim. You're also sharing the island with other cruise ships. So, there are lots of people even though they do try to stagger them a little bit. They have shops and would like you to buy. They take your picture when you first get to the island and then come around and push the picture on you for purchase. When it was time to go, we felt very uncomfortable because the tour guys really pushed the tips. Since we had already paid almost $100 a piece for the trip, we didn't want to pay more. Watch the excursion prices because they do change. I see that this trip is back down to $69 again.

Spend some time reading the reviews on here and on your ship's website. Many people loved this excursion so you will have to decide for yourself. :)

We went the first week of Dec. The boat ride was fun the beach is beautiful but the food was not very good and the drink were very watered down not many people there the day we were there. A few water toys were free not they had stuff to rent the water was not clear at all and sea weed on your feet. They also tried to pity you into larger tips etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nellsmom58

Wow, we must have been on a different Passion Island because we experienced a nice, quiet, and relaxing beach, and this was during Christmas and NewYear break! We liked the buffet lunch--nothing fancy, but excellent guacamole, good grilled chicken, fish, salad, and all the drinks you want with a lot of choices. The beach was beautiful, but not a great place if you want lots of toys. Depends on what you are wanting for your time, I guess. We loved it and would go back again, even with the long but enjoyable boat ride (we liked that, too, but we talked to others and enjoyed looking out over the water)

I found it to be very disappointing, not meeting my expectations. The food and drinks were not pleasing for a vacationer or really anyone. To begin with the food was VERY Basic and the lack of options made it very difficult for my family . The drinks were diluted, it was difficult to get "the full on" enjoyment out of something you pay those pieces for. One good thing I must ad..is the staff..they made it pleasant to be there. Great attendance at all times. At one moment I began to chat with someone that worked there. ..he mentioned that that the tour only gets $15.00 per person ...That was shocking seeing I paid $70.00 per person for this trip..For the little pay get ..they did the best job they could. They gave good service and smiles. My problem was with the poor selection of food and quality of drinks.. Then again, what else could they provide when only getting $15.00 per person including transportation to get to the Island. How unfair because they were really nice. Is this the situation for all tours?.

We've enjoyed gorgeous beaches on Cozumel and more recently explored most of the island by car while visiting from PDC where we stay. We wanted something different this visit on a cruise, we'll be there in 2 weeks with friends who haven't cruised before. We don't typically do these excursions through the ship, but the boat ride and some time relaxing on the beach sounded perfect for our time in Cozumel this time with our friends rather than make the drive to the nice quiet beaches to the south. As Nellsmom said you can meet interesting people on the boat, and that can be a nice day in nice weather.

Don't really care too much about the buffet, but would like to have a Mexican beer or 2 and I hope they have at least a Dos Equis or Pacifico - can you answer that? How about house wines?

Thanks!

Guest Nellsmom58

They had Dos Equis AND Pacifico, as well as others, when we were there. Wines were white chard and house red. I and DH had mixed gin and tonics that we thought were just right, especially considering we were in this sun ;)