Best western Elkridge vs Best Western Plus Dorsey St?

irisheileen

I'm trying to choose a Friday night stay between the two for our cruise this Saturday, using their free parking. We are coming from Philly and would rather sleep North of baltimore to save driving. Is the Dorsey Street location safe, etc? It is more expensive, but closer.

The elkridge BW is south west of Baltimore and would add on another 15 min each way, but $40.00 cheaper.

Opinions?

Thanks!

I don't know anything about the Dorsey St. location but I live very close to the Elkridge BW. I would stay there and feel safe leaving my car parked because it is a very residential location. It's a bit out of the way of the city but there are convenience stores/gas stations around the corner and a good family restaurant/pub on the property. It will take you less than 20 minutes to the port from Elkridge because 95 is only minutes from the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

BWI - Best Western - Elkridge MD

6755 Dorsey Road

Elkridge, MD 21075

We stayed at this location before our last cruise. Nice hotel but not a lot around it. We used the free shuttle to go to a restaurant for dinner and then to the port the next day with no problems. Breakfast was good and the front desk folks were very friendly and helpful.

We booked the Elkridge hotel through trinityreservations for $95 total.

We also stayed at the Best Western Elkridge and would stay there again. We recommended it to friends who stayed there a few months ago and were also very pleased with it. We would absolutely stay there again if we were to cruise out of Baltimore.

I think you are looking at the O'Donnel street location just north of the port... It's not in the best area. There isn't anything near by except a truck stop.

It doesn't take much extra time to go down to Elkridge, and it's a mych better location.

Aloha,

John

I'm trying to choose a Friday night stay between the two for our cruise this Saturday, using their free parking. We are coming from Philly and would rather sleep North of baltimore to save driving. Is the Dorsey Street location safe, etc? It is more expensive, but closer.

The elkridge BW is south west of Baltimore and would add on another 15 min each way, but $40.00 cheaper.

Opinions?

Thanks!

The Elkridge Best Western is on Dorsey Road out near BWI Airport. Many folks use this hotel and it gets pretty good reviews. The other Best Western you might be looking at on the north side of Baltimore is on O'Donnell St. and it is not in a good area and you would be better to not choose this location.