Win a Caribbean Cruise with Thomson Cruises!

Taken from the Thomson Blog:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2013/12/win-a-caribbean-cruise-with-thomson-cruises/#.UqZBKJG4klI

Thought your dreams of being a chef were just pie in the sky? Design a menu with Cruise Kitchen, and you could be bringing your culinary talents to the Captain’s table…

Can you cook up a storm in the kitchen? Do you cut the mustard when it comes to cooking? And does a Caribbean cruise sound like your cup of tea?

If the answer is a resounding yes, you’re going to want to enter Thomson Cruises’ new competition – Cruise Kitchen – which launches today. In a nutshell, it’s an open invitation for budding chefs to take part in a virtual cook-off and design their dream menu. The prize? A Caribbean cruise, and your menu served onboard.

How to enter

Entering the competition is a piece of cake. Just select individual ingredients for a starter, main and dessert, then customise your dishes to your heart’s content with cooking styles, side dishes and sauces.

Three entries will be shortlisted by a panel including Captain Greybeard – AKA John Honeywell – The Mirror’s cruise expert. The 3 lucky chefs will set off on a 7-night tour of the Canary Islands on Thomson Celebration in March 2014. And that’s just for starters…

The prize

The main event will be a very special dinner during the cruise, where our chef will bring the 3 contending menus to life. The ship’s captain, Thomson Cruises director and Thomson Cruises manager will be casting the deciding vote, and there’ll be a film crew on hand to capture the whole thing.

The overall winner will be sent off on Thomson Dream for our Pride of Panama Cruise around the Caribbean in January 2015. On top of that, their winning menu will be a star feature in the à la carte restaurant – The Grill – while they’re onboard.

Bring home the bacon!

If that’s whetted your appetite, head over to the Cruise Kitchen and get started. You’ve got until Sunday 12th January to enter, and winners will be announced here on the blog. Good luck!

Start creating your Cruise Kitchen menu now.

Link to the Cruise Kitchen here:

http://holidaysjustgotbetter.thomson.co.uk/cruise-kitchen/

Edited by Sailaway487

pumpkin & melon to start

followed by melon soup with pumpkin

main: your choice of: pumpkin pasta bake, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin in gravy (with a sprig of melon)

pudding: pumpkin alaska

selection of pumpkin with cheese

its a winning menu for sure:p;):)

Yes looks a great menu, but when you get the dreaded phrase from the waiter as you order you main course " Sorry sir Pumkin is off the menu due to a greater demand than was anticipated"

What then ?

Yes looks a great menu, but when you get the dreaded phrase from the waiter as you order you main course " Sorry sir Pumkin is off the menu due to a greater demand than was anticipated"

What then ?

THE MENU ... It's the only way to go ;)

THE MENU ... It's the only way to go

wow...sprouts!...i luv sprouts!....I hope a sprout recipe wins:cool:

thoms never serve enough sprouts (sprout):(

I have to take my own

lovesprouts.jpg

..... my winning recipe would be sprout goulash .........its tasty, and it sounds funny, 2 very important characteristics of a good meal imo

runners up would include: piri piri sprouts, sprout kibbeh balls and cock a leekie sprout....see what I mean;):p:)