On Reflection 12/7 and issues with AT&T service

KevP

Hello all

On the Reflection right now and my iPhone 5s with an AT&T unlimited international package will not connect to the onwaves service. Searched here and found there have been previous issues but nothing recent. Is this still a known problem? Called AT&T and that was useless. I have used this exact plan on Eclipse three years ago, Millenium two years ago and the Eurodam last year. All worked with the cellular at sea service

Any help appreciated. We leave San Juan in a few hours

FYI I checked in at the ilounge and he said ATT has had issues for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks

Kevin

Hello all

On the Reflection right now and my iPhone 5s with an AT&T unlimited international package will not connect to the onwaves service. Searched here and found there have been previous issues but nothing recent. Is this still a known problem? Called AT&T and that was useless. I have used this exact plan on Eclipse three years ago, Millenium two years ago and the Eurodam last year. All worked with the cellular at sea service

Any help appreciated. We leave San Juan in a few hours

FYI I checked in at the ilounge and he said ATT has had issues for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks

Kevin

Was on last week and had same issues. They told me to call at&t and make sure they authorized OnWaves service to my account, I never bothered to call since San Juan and St.Thomas we had service anyway.

• 1 month later...

Any recent experiences on Reflection of their AT&T phones actually working?

To followup, I never got my phone to connect with Onwaves. I could see it available, but could never get service. No voice or data. Tried every possible combo of settings. Up until this point, my phone (not this exact one, but all with my current AT+T international plan that I have had in place for years) connected just fine on cruise ships or any country visited.

If I was anywhere near an island, I received service. Passing thru the Bahamas on the return, I was shocked at how far land was and I got a decent signal.

Any recent experiences on Reflection of their AT&T phones actually working?

To followup, I never got my phone to connect with Onwaves. I could see it available, but could never get service. No voice or data. Tried every possible combo of settings. Up until this point, my phone (not this exact one, but all with my current AT+T international plan that I have had in place for years) connected just fine on cruise ships or any country visited.

If I was anywhere near an island, I received service. Passing thru the Bahamas on the return, I was shocked at how far land was and I got a decent signal.

We are onboard Reflection currently. There was a note in the Celebrity Today indicating there is a known problem with ATT and OnWave that is being worked. No indication of an anticipated fix date.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

We just got back from the Silhouette and had the same problem with an iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 with service from AT&T. We could see On Waves but we're not able to connect to it. We had the same problem a year ago on the same boat and we were very upset to see it hadn't been resolved. We have no problems connecting to Cellular at Sea on the other Celebrity ships. I find it inexcusable that there should be a problem with cell phone coverage whilst on board. It is a huge problem for me as I have sick parents in England and a son who is in the USMC so I do not like to out of cell phone coverage. It will stop me sailing on ships with On Wave coverage in the future.

Spoke with AT&T in-depth yesterday about service on an upcoming Reflection cruise.

In a nutshell, they do not support the "onwaves" service like they support "cellular at sea" which is why they, at&t, do not offer the wireless phone cruise package on this particular ship.

They would not admit it, but they have not reached a financial/service agreement with "onwaves".

We had this problem recently on the Silhouette. If you check on AT&T's website it shows that it has service with the following Celebrity ships: Century, Constellation, Eclipse, Equinox, Infinity, Millenium, Solstice and Summit.

As of right now you aren't going to be able to use certain AT&T phones while at sea on Silhouette and Reflection and should plan accordingly.

Not great, but at least you board knowing.