Travel Scoot with Rear electric gear

mamaofami

I've driven my original TS over cobblestones without a problem....it is a bump ride though! Here are a couple pics and I have ridden it over rougher stones than pictured.

Your pics are very helpful. Is the seat comfortable for that type of use or for longer rides?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found a way to make the footholders more comfortable or at least a bit larger for the longer days? It causes my legs to tire holding them on the holder.

Also the rubber covers on the holders slide off several times a full day.

This is in no way to be considered a serious problem,, just checking any way to make it more comfortable.

Actually, they make extended foot rests!

http://www.travelscoot.com/products/foot-rest.html

There are two sizes. The long ones are about 9" in length, the mounting hole is off center. so they can be installed with the long end to the front or rear, depending on the angle you need. The short version is 4 1/2" long.

Hope this helps,

Marlee

Actually, they make extended foot rests!

http://www.travelscoot.com/products/foot-rest.html

There are two sizes. The long ones are about 9" in length, the mounting hole is off center. so they can be installed with the long end to the front or rear, depending on the angle you need. The short version is 4 1/2" long.

Hope this helps,

Marlee

DSCF0614.jpg%7Ec200

Here is a photo of the larger foot rest, notice the mounting hole being off-set, so you can switch them from side to side, and to hold them on, go to an auto repair shop, with your scooter and buy a couple of snug to tight fitting rubber "O"Rings, maybe even 6, and put the extra in your tool pouch. :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California Coastal

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

29th cruise - Golden Princess, 09 - 16 August, 2014, 7 Day, Alaska, Seattle Ret.

30th cruise - Royal Princess 19 - 29 Dec, 2014, 10 Day, Christmas, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advice. We are booked on a 24 day cruise (transatlantic) with about 13 sea days. I have some back pain and leg problems when walking even short distances and also have some shortness of breath. I realize I need to bring something with me to get around when I get off the ship so I am able to sit down when I have pain while walking or when my legs get cramped. I won't really need to use it on the ship but will need it when I get off the ship. I can get in a shower just fine. I don't know whether I should buy a folding wheelchair or a motorized scooter to bring on the cruise. My husband is very able bodied and will be able to push the wheelchair when I need to use it. At some ports there are long walks to buses or taxis and no place to sit down so I would use the aid then. I would be able to get on and off a tender without any help.

We are flying from Canada to Florida and flying back to Canada from Copenhagen. I have a balcony cabin booked and have asked to be placed on the waitlist for an accessible cabin which I may or may not get.

Can you provide some advice on what you think I should buy to bring on the cruise - the folding wheelchair or the scooter? Any information would be much appreciated.

Need some advice. We are booked on a 24 day cruise (transatlantic) with about 13 sea days. I have some back pain and leg problems when walking even short distances and also have some shortness of breath. I realize I need to bring something with me to get around when I get off the ship so I am able to sit down when I have pain while walking or when my legs get cramped. I won't really need to use it on the ship but will need it when I get off the ship. I can get in a shower just fine. I don't know whether I should buy a folding wheelchair or a motorized scooter to bring on the cruise. My husband is very able bodied and will be able to push the wheelchair when I need to use it. At some ports there are long walks to buses or taxis and no place to sit down so I would use the aid then. I would be able to get on and off a tender without any help.

We are flying from Canada to Florida and flying back to Canada from Copenhagen. I have a balcony cabin booked and have asked to be placed on the waitlist for an accessible cabin which I may or may not get.

Can you provide some advice on what you think I should buy to bring on the cruise - the folding wheelchair or the scooter? Any information would be much appreciated.

From your post, you seem to know what what you need. Just wait to see what kind of cabin you end up with, and you'll know what you will have room for, and rent what you need, and it'll be waiting in our cabin. As for boarding you'll be able to get wheel chair assistance. :confused: ;)

Enjoy your cruise and spend some time in Copenhagen (København) it's a

a beautiful city. :rolleyes:

Completed Cruises !

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California Coastal

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

29th cruise - Emeraald Princess, 16 - 23 November, 2014 Houston round trip

30th cruise - Golden Princess, 09 - 16 August, 2014, 7 Day, Alaska, Seattle Ret.

31st cruise - Royal Princess 19 - 29 Dec, 2014, 10 Day, Christmas, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

Hi,

I have one of the original Travelscoots which I love - I just found out that Hardy is now making the mark II which you have, however, the website doeas not feature the new model. Three questions though, how much, how heavy, compared to the original and will my original Lithium battery fit the new machine. I have contacted Hardy but all he says is yes the new model has reverse and has much better breaks. Therefore, I would appreciate any further information you have on the new baby - thanks

Please contact me if possible direct to my email address outlined in my signature below

Thank you so much

Paul

• 11 months later...

I have an electric wheelchair that works great especially for dining. We are going on our first cruise on Celebrity Reflection in Feb 2016. My wheelchair is too heavy for the tenders. So I was thinking of getting a Travel Scoot II for travel. What do you do in the mdr and restaurants? Is there some where to leave your scooter or does the front of it fold down so that you can get up to the table?

Thanks!

Edited by mynxr

I have an electric wheelchair that works great especially for dining. We are going on our first cruise on Celebrity Reflection in Feb 2016. My wheelchair is too heavy for the tenders. So I was thinking of getting a Travel Scoot II for travel. What do you do in the mdr and restaurants? Is there some where to leave your scooter or does the front of it fold down so that you can get up to the table?

Thanks!

You can drive the scooter directly to the table. The waiter or assistant waiter will than move the scooter to be stored elsewhere during dinner and will return it to you when finished dining.

Hi,

I have one of the original Travelscoots which I love - I just found out that Hardy is now making the mark II which you have, however, the website doeas not feature the new model. Three questions though, how much, how heavy, compared to the original and will my original Lithium battery fit the new machine. I have contacted Hardy but all he says is yes the new model has reverse and has much better breaks. Therefore, I would appreciate any further information you have on the new baby - thanks

Please contact me if possible direct to my email address outlined in my signature below

Thank you so much

Paul

The plugs on the two batteries are different, so unless you can get the right plug, and know someone who knows what they're doing, to switch plugs, then I'd say no. :rolleyes:

Completed Cruises !

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

how much,

how heavy, compared to the original

and will my original Lithium battery fit the new machine.

The information is available at Travelscoot's web page. Look for the "Shopper"

1) Price $2,195.00 plus $90 Shipping & Handling UPS Ground

2) 26 lbs vs 35 lbs

3)"The Shopper comes standard-equipped with our new light-weight 160 Wh lithium-ion battery, but can utilize all our other battery options and accessories as well."

The new Travelscoot "Shopper" is lighter and a slower than the one my Mom bought in 2010. The wheels are smaller and it doesn't have a belt drive. It has only one hand brake but the brakes feel better. There is an adapter that lets us use the old lithium battery on the new Travelscoot.

• 1 year later...

I got caught in a heavy shower of rain in Honolulu on March 31 with my Travelsccot II. Boy I will seek cover ASAP in the future. My scooter stopped working for a few hours, but after a few hours drying out, it started working again. What's more, in a restaurant afterwards my scooter started accelerating with nobody on it. It really freaked out the attending waiter! This never seemed to happen with the older model Travelscoot because I've often been caught in torrential rain many times. Reverse is very useful but I will use my feet to reverse if the older model is more reliable in rain storms.

I got caught in a heavy shower of rain in Honolulu on March 31 with my Travelsccot II. Boy I will seek cover ASAP in the future. My scooter stopped working for a few hours, but after a few hours drying out, it started working again. What's more, in a restaurant afterwards my scooter started accelerating with nobody on it. It really freaked out the attending waiter! This never seemed to happen with the older model Travelscoot because I've often been caught in torrential rain many times. Reverse is very useful but I will use my feet to reverse if the older model is more reliable in rain storms.

Sorry to hear about your being caught in the rain and the Travelscoot accelerating. I can just imagine how scary that was for the waiter etc.

I have the newer model of Travelscoot and travel with it extensively and have been fortunate to not be caught in the rain. If I were you I would call Travelscoot and ask their advice. Perhaps there is something you should do to avoid long term problems. Good luck.

I will probably have to contact them myself. On a few occasions I have left the parking brakes on when it was parked somewhere and when I started driving it again I forgot to release the brakes. The Travelscoot should not have gone forward with the (parking) brakes on but it did and now I find the parking brakes don't work when it's parked on an incline. When I am driving it the hand brakes work fine. I am hoping it is just an adjustment that needs to be done.

Wendy