No more Funtimes???:(

Jingles263

I only have a dumb phone so I would be lost without the paper Fun Times. :o

On the Freedom in November we did not receive a final invoice, I found out that if you wanted a printed invoice you would have to print one out at a kiosk.

Haha Runner!! Your to funny!

From John H directly ------

For some strange reason I received two comments today asking why we are not going to be printing the daily program the "Funtimes" anymore. I honestly don't know where this stuff comes from but that's not important thing. The important thing is this is not true in the same way as saying I am a sex object is not true........ok, I ask my wife for sex and she objects.....but that's a different story.

So you will continue to receive a copy of the "Funtimes" In your cabin each evening for the following day.

Would not surprise me if they made it electronic.... then made you buy internet to see it....

Disney has started providing electronic Navigators on the Dream and Fantasy ships (in addition to paper versions as well). The app to use does not require paid Internet access. I would imagine Carnival would do the same if they moved to electronic versions.

If they eliminated the Fun Times I think the sales of highlighters at the dollar store would go flat.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I have learned over the years to bring my own highlighters, hold puncher, power strip, night light and a few other handy things

How can you recycle a picture? "Oh I don't like mine but I'll buy a picture of this family that looks nicer? Just kidding of course.

If they can recycle the paper for the pictures, they can also recycle the Fun Times.

wait, doesn't everybody do that?? :D

perhaps if there were recycling bins for the funtimes

We were able to access the Triumph's FunTimes schedule (like the small tear-off portion of the paper FunTimes) on our smartphones using the ship's wi-fi for free last week.

There were a handful of "free" websites you could visit (all Carnival-related).

I think it was the first choice, something like "TriumphHub".

The Funtimes are already free to any wifi device on any ship (at least the ones I have been on) that has internet.

The ship has it's own web site (internal, so very fast, not dependent on the internet) that has a web-based schedule of events, or a downloadable .PDF of the day's Fun Times.

Just download it to your phone or tablet and read away! (till your battery dies...)

The Funtimes are already free to any wifi device on any ship (at least the ones I have been on) that has internet.

The ship has it's own web site (internal, so very fast, not dependent on the internet) that has a web-based schedule of events, or a downloadable .PDF of the day's Fun Times.

Just download it to your phone or tablet and read away! (till your battery dies...)

We do NOT have a smart phone, what ever that is, just a dumb pay as you go that suits us just fine. We do have a laptop that weighs 100 pounds, and it works just fine. If this downloadable site works as fast as Funville, we will not know the schedule until days later.

Get rid of all the spa ads..recycle those.

.... My smart phone is also pay as you go...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Please don't put me down, we are in our early 60's, retired, still write checks and have a VCR that blinks 12:00. We are also trying to simplify our life.

We are still tech challenged, and know in our lifetime, we will have to catch up. I am still learning how to reheat my coffee in my two year old microwave.

I did not know "Smart Phones" are available as pay as you go. Our kids, grandkids are under mega dollars contacts that we do not want.

See, you learn something on here every day..thanks:)

Not a put down, just the facts. A lot is changing nowadays for smart phones and options, but I wouldn't leave my cabin without a physical print out schedule (fun times or navigator) because I rarely charge my phone on vacation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yes, a paper schedule and a Hi Lighter!!! And while we are on the subject of paper, I miss the newspaper sheet and my crossword puzzle...don't do Suduko. Celebrity still had both when we did the Silhouette, while Royal did away with the little newspaper.

All that ink color can be reduced from the spa/booze/auction/jewelry ads.

How can you recycle a picture? "Oh I don't like mine but I'll buy a picture of this family that looks nicer? Just kidding of course.

If they can recycle the paper for the pictures, they can also recycle the Fun Times.

I was told one time by a photographer friend, all the unused photos are dipped in a solution that makes the image just slide off the photo paper and the paper can be re-used.

I was told one time by a photographer friend, all the unused photos are dipped in a solution that makes the image just slide off the photo paper and the paper can be re-used.

Why don't you try that out yourself and let us know how well that works for you.