What to do in San Juan????

Bucknutcruisers

Will be in San Juan on a RC port stop next week with 20 something sons. What to do??? I have read through previous threads and not really finding anything of interest. Any little known spots? hidden gems?

How about a Segway tour?

I wanted to do that last time we were in San Juan, hubby had a bad ankle and may have had trouble stepping off the Segway .

I think everyone in your family would enjoy this.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

There are many different things to do. What would interest the sons? What do they like to do when the visit places?

Hang on the beach? Visit Isla Verde. It is a nice beach.

Visit a rum factory and do some tasting? Go to the Bacardi factory. Take a tour or a ferry to the factory.

Tour the two Spanish forts on the hill. . .

. . .or take a tour of the rain forest.

San Juan is full of history and I recommend a trolley or walking tour for first timers. Fort, Old San Juan, Bacardi Rum Factory.

We were in San Juan last week on RCCL and our friends had tickets for "Flavors of San Juan Food Tour". They booked it online months in advance since there's a limited number of persons in each group and it's very popular. (see TripAdvisor) It's a walking tour of Old San Juan and you get to taste food and beverage at various restaurants. They said that it was the highlight of their cruise.

I'm sorry that my DH and I missed out on it last week but we plan on doing it in February. (We've been to San Juan many times and have toured all the historical sights.)

My DD (21) just got back from a cruise with her Gramma. She met up with another group of young people and they all booked the trip to the rain forest. I gather they had a fantastic time.

She has previously visited the forts and done a Segway tour which she enjoyed too.

Then of course you could always just head to a beach. Young adults might enjoy surfing or boogie boarding.

We went on a 55 minute small boat tour of the harbor and city walls with “San Juan Water Tours” down by Pier 6. We’d made a reservation ahead of time (they accept walk-ups) and ended up being the only 2 on our tour. Luis, the owner/captain was a nice person and very knowledgeable.

Afterwards, we rode the free open trolley all around the old town. (including all the way up to the entrance to the Fort.) :)

Thank you everyone. Some great ideas. We are not new to cruising. This will actually be our third cruise on RC Freedom of the Seas. RC is our favorite line (we have cruised Princess and Carnival before).

We have used cruise critic to find ideas for excursions and have seen the cruise critic signs on the cabin doors. Decided it was time to join the conversations!! Thanks again!

Thank you everyone. Some great ideas. We are not new to cruising. This will actually be our third cruise on RC Freedom of the Seas. RC is our favorite line (we have cruised Princess and Carnival before).

We have used cruise critic to find ideas for excursions and have seen the cruise critic signs on the cabin doors. Decided it was time to join the conversations!! Thanks again!

Welcome to cruise critic. :) I am not sure how I cruised without it all those years.

Some other new things happening in OSJ- Seaplane and helicopter rides/trips, Trapeze and/or trampoline class, bike tours. Coffee cupping or tasting classes, cooking classes, rum tastings. Sailboat rides, jetski tours.

In San Juan (a taxi ride away) there is Standup paddleboarding, kayaking, Snuba, Parasailing.

Pinones has a nice bike trail and local food.

• 2 weeks later...
San Juan is full of history and I recommend a trolley or walking tour for first timers. Fort, Old San Juan, Bacardi Rum Factory.

We were in San Juan last week on RCCL and our friends had tickets for "Flavors of San Juan Food Tour". They booked it online months in advance since there's a limited number of persons in each group and it's very popular. (see TripAdvisor) It's a walking tour of Old San Juan and you get to taste food and beverage at various restaurants. They said that it was the highlight of their cruise.

I'm sorry that my DH and I missed out on it last week but we plan on doing it in February. (We've been to San Juan many times and have toured all the historical sights.)

I was wondering what tour group you used for the Flavors of San Juan Food Tour?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Once you get off the cruise ship how would you go about getting to the Forts to see?

Also the Rum Factory

As we do not want to take an big excursions we would like easy to do things of historical nature within walking or reasonable priced transportation.We read about a free tolley/bus that takes you places where all does it take you to

thanks for any info