Tampa 1st Dec 13 - Ode To Norwegian Dawn

TonyE

Only one though really faces the wrath of the consumer.

Now that is something I can agree with.

Now this may not have an impact on you because perhaps you have no intention of cruising with NCL again after your most horrid experience.

I on the hand hope this does not happen. If NCL has to deal with the wrath of it's consumers, more than the haters on CC, we (everyone that chooses to stay with them) will pay the price.

Edited by che5904

I on the hand hope this does not happen. If NCL has to deal with the wrath of it's consumers, more than the haters on CC, we (everyone that chooses to stay with them) will pay the price.

The good thing about this is, we all know NCL reads this board. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Consumer wrath, CC hater, whatever people are labeled, if not for making it clear this is a problem in the eyes of the consumer, the company may never take measures to correct it.

When people (not you...you've been pretty fair) are always so quick to defend a major corporation every time something goes wrong, it is a disservice to future customers and perhaps the company themselves.

The good thing about this is, we all know NCL reads this board. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Consumer wrath, CC hater, whatever people are labeled, if not for making it clear this is a problem in the eyes of the consumer, the company may never take measures to correct it.

When people (not you...you've been pretty fair) are always so quick to defend a major corporation every time something goes wrong, it is a disservice to future customers and perhaps the company themselves.

I agree, that NCL certainly should be made very aware of this issue, which they have been. I also think that there are things that they could be doing, for certain, to alleviate discomforts or even medical issues as we have seen in another post, water, snacks whatever.

I'm also pretty sure at least in part that the actions of NCL (choosing to pick up passengers elsewhere) did start the ball rolling. But I refuse to lay the blame on them when I have no concrete proof that this is the issue and this is the only issue that is creating such a cluster...you know what. It seems to me that there is more happening here than that. Someone said this itinerary was done somewhere last year and didn't have any ramifications.

And as I've said previously, to heck with who's to blame. Now is the time to stop pointing fingers and start worrying about what can be done from here.

Thank you, I am loyal to a lot of companies, I just don't believe anyone or any company is perfect. Therefore I call it what it is and if I see, what I believe, is a wrong, I say it. If I think they are doing well, I say it.

I'm pretty sure all of us, at one point or time, have unpurposely (if that's a word) made a decision that has affected others negatively. Do we want those people to keep pointing the finger at us, or move on hope we can rectify it. NCL's solution has not happened yet, it may be something that cannot be fixed overnight, not everything can. But really does anyone on these threads really believe that if NCL could do anything at this point and time, that they wouldn't be trying. No company wants to anger their customers on purpose. That's just plain dumb to even think that.

I'm booked on one of these, possibly affected, cruises. I for one will trust that they are working to get this fixed, improved, whatever. Because even if this was a bad decision on their part, I don't think stupid people are running this company.

Couldn't agree more. The NCL fan club, who seem to think the sun shines out of the blunt end of any NCL ship, do the consumer and NCL no favours. A customer complaint is a chance to improve. It's the ones that don't complain and walk away that a Company really needs to worry about.

Bottom line on the queues, after 5 variations, seems to be boarding cruisers in Cozumel triggers extra immigration checks and long delays. If the pirates at NCL think they can get away with this then they'll keep doing it and bugger the customer.

Mind you I'm pleased to see that quality of NCL customer service on shore is totally consistent with that on the Dawn - congratulations to the Quality Manager. They offered to get back to me on Monday. Yet still no reply. Am I surprised.

A customer complaint is a chance to improve.

You are right in part. It all depends on how the customer delivers their complaint. Going off on a little tangent does nobody any good, any large company ignores that kind of complaint since they get those daily.

Reasoning, common sense and well thought out complaints actually make a bigger impact.

Sorry, but silly things like "But soup spoons for breakfast is just yet another frustration" only take away from what the major complaint is, it doesn't add to it.

Ok , I have to wonder why there has been nothing from NCL as to what happened, is happening and what will happen other than the initial blurb. Nothing. To all you NCL cheerleaders, NCL did know what happened after the first Tampa cruise and did know it would repeat. NCL did not do a damn thing for those of us on the second cruise over Thanksgiving. No phone call, water juice or intelligent staff to assist us in the terminal, once we finally got there, staff used a bull horn to announce boarding, but with all those passengers, could not be heard. Finally, I have invoiced showing $150 obc for each room, $450 total which I was not credited. I called and was told not in the folio. I offered to send copies, not needed. Reason, not found on their records. Yet they do not want to see my copies of an official NCL invoice. Not gonna give up NCL, I am a persistent ex pom pom person. To you disbelievers, you were not on the cruise, you did not suffer, and yes it was not a terrible cruise, just not what we paid for.

Now this may not have an impact on you because perhaps you have no intention of cruising with NCL again after your most horrid experience.

che, you are incorrect in one regard. I have never once said that I had a horrid experience. Just the opposite, I stated the cruise is great several time in multiple posts.

I am just passing on information of what I observed, heard, overheard. We had a great cruise and loved it. Would travel on NCL again but...they need to communicate and allieviate this issue as much as they can.

In fact we have nothing to complain about. We got on the ship with relative ease and off with similar results. Yes it took longer than normal but, for us it was about an hour off and under two on. This was not the vast majority.

that said plenty of people did have things to complain about and did, on the ship, in many venues and in many conversations I heard and entered into the topic was inevitably on everyone's mind it seemed.

One particular older gentleman is telling, he was complaining and was clearly distressed about the wait and was hoping to get to his cabin as he seemed exhausted and was asking directions, the person for NCL (one of the art dealers i think) said go that way and then said, hope you have a better day, and the response was "it couldn't get any worse" - this was one that stuck with me all week. but plenty of others occured to.

But we had a splendid trip, with splendid weather. would have been nice to have the stabilizers working all week but the weather was not that rough. the evening of belize was the worst rocking...

cheers

Edited by legion3

che, you are incorrect in one regard. I have never once said that I had a horrid experience. Just the opposite, I stated the cruise is great several time in multiple posts.

I stand corrected and apologize. :o

Edited by che5904