Buying drinks for others

Graeme68

Hi

myself and my wife are going to buy the cheers when on liberty 1/4/14 but there are 16 of us in total but what i would like to know is it still possible to buy drinks for the other people in our party from the bar when the need arises

Hi

myself and my wife are going to buy the cheers when on liberty 1/4/14 but there are 16 of us in total but what i would like to know is it still possible to buy drinks for the other people in our party from the bar when the need arises

They are very strict about you not purchasing drinks for anyone other than yourself using your cheers package, which is why they make you purchase a package for every adult in your cabin.

They are very strict about you not purchasing drinks for anyone other than yourself using your cheers package, which is why they make you purchase a package for every adult in your cabin.

The way I am reading it, they are talking about charging drinks for other people to their sail and sign account, not getting them free drinks on their cheers card.

Yeah I understand that... but if I want to buy my friend a drink not with my cheers card is there a way to do it
Absolutely. I did this twice on my last cruise - I just told the drinks waiter up front that I was ordering a drink for [random other person], and that I knew it would not go on my Cheers program. Eliminates any questions or potential awkwardness. :)

I believe I have heard people saying that as they came close to 15 drinks (the maximum for the day) that they would PURCHASE drinks so that they didn't get cut off. So that would mean to me that yes, you would be allowed to purchase drinks for other folks even though you have the Cheers program for yourself.

I tried the cheers program for the 1st time on the Elation in October. I was also able to purchase drinks for friends I was sitting with without any problems or confusion from the bar staff.

This has nothing to do with the original question but : One night I did something that was technically against the rules of the Cheers program. The cheers program does not include any drink in a souvenir glass. I really wanted the little shot or cordial glass that is served in the MDR following dessert. One of the guys at our table wanted a cocktail. So I ordered his cocktail and he purchased the drink in the souvenir glass for me. We each signed our receipts and them switched. I really was hoping for a set of these glasses, but didn't want to pay for them on top of my cheers every night.

I tried the cheers program for the 1st time on the Elation in October. I was also able to purchase drinks for friends I was sitting with without any problems or confusion from the bar staff.

This has nothing to do with the original question but : One night I did something that was technically against the rules of the Cheers program. The cheers program does not include any drink in a souvenir glass. I really wanted the little shot or cordial glass that is served in the MDR following dessert. One of the guys at our table wanted a cocktail. So I ordered his cocktail and he purchased the drink in the souvenir glass for me. We each signed our receipts and them switched. I really was hoping for a set of these glasses, but didn't want to pay for them on top of my cheers every night.

Going to try Cheers in a few weeks on Elation. How was the rest of your experience with it?

On the fascination my BIL (who had cheers) wanted to buy his wife(who didn't have cheers because I booked the wife's in one and husbands in another) a drink in the mdr and the waiter made her giving him her sail and sign. Maybe he was confused. BIL wanted to pay for the drink not use his cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard from many that they do NOT let you buy any 'additional' drinks if you have the Cheers program. For anyone.

People had argued that once they met their own daily limit, they should be able to buy more drinks, paying for each additional drink. Carnival said no -- the drink limit is a drink limit.

There is a time requirement on Cheers, too, so that you don't order your whole day's allowance at once and hand them out.

We are a wedding party of 16 I am the groom so if I get the cheers for our cabin then there is no other way to buy anyone else at the party a drink ? Are there two different cards a cheers one and a sail and sign can't I just charge it to the sail and sign

from other posts I've read. the cheers program allows 15 drink in 24 hr period. you can not purchase after that even on your s&s. One gentleman on another post stated he was upset with the program not allowing on your s^s over the 15 drink max.

I have used the cheers program twice, and both trips I hit the 15 max a couple of times, and they advised me that they were stopped from getting me another drink. Their system would not allow it to be entered once you hit 15. I asked the question about buying a drink prior to 15 for someone else to the carnvial board, and was advised you can buy someone else a drink before 15 and pay for it seperate and it will not count toward your 15. However, I believe this is hit and miss depending on your ship and bartender based on other posts, a nice tip probably helps. I did not try to buy any, so unsure if it works all the time.

I have heard from many that they do NOT let you buy any 'additional' drinks if you have the Cheers program. For anyone.

People had argued that once they met their own daily limit, they should be able to buy more drinks, paying for each additional drink. Carnival said no -- the drink limit is a drink limit.

There is a time requirement on Cheers, too, so that you don't order your whole day's allowance at once and hand them out.

I think the trick would be to buy others' drinks before the limit is reached. I believe the system stops from purchasing more after the 15 free drinks.

How do you pay for drinks separate from the Cheers package before reaching the 15 drink limit when the package is listed on your s&s account? Not like you can pay cash. The bar charge isn't automatically credited to Cheers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When ordering the drink, advise the bartender that the drink is for someone else and you want to be charged for it seperate from the cheers program. They will ring it up and charge your sign and sail card the normal price for the drink, and in theory, it will not go toward your 15max limit.. At least that is the reply I received on the carnival forum website from Mischelle from carnival...

I see a lot of people here commenting off of what they 'heard' whereas people like myself have actually had the Cheers! program.

On the Magic I had no issue buying drinks for others and charging them to my S&S card. Others on board I spoke with followed a similar procedure to have more than the 15 drink maximum for the day.

Just be nice to your bartender, don't be a drunkard and tip early on before you start asking for favors. No problems.