Cheers Program Question

rs12065

I am well aware that with the Cheers Program everyone in the cabin must purchase the program (assuming everyone is at least 21).

We have a situation where here are 2 people, both over 21 and sailing never separate accounts with Sign and Sail cards not linked. However one passenger does not drink alcoholic beverages. Is the other passenger out of luck?

In addition, does anyone know how many alcoholic beverages per day makes having he Cheers Program financially advantageous compared to buying drinks as you go?

I drink. My boyfriend does not drink. The package is not worth it for me since I would have to pay for both of us per the rules. I purchage a bottle of rum from bon voyage and bring my wine. That saves me a lot of money even if I buy a drink here or there.

I am well aware that with the Cheers Program everyone in the cabin must purchase the program (assuming everyone is at least 21).

We have a situation where here are 2 people, both over 21 and sailing never separate accounts with Sign and Sail cards not linked. However one passenger does not drink alcoholic beverages. Is the other passenger out of luck?

In addition, does anyone know how many alcoholic beverages per day makes having he Cheers Program financially advantageous compared to buying drinks as you go?

Carnival doesn't provide any opportunity for one adult over 21 to opt out of buying the Cheers package; i.e., if one wants it, they both have to buy it for it to work. It doesn't matter whether their S&S accounts are linked if they are sharing the same cabin. That is the key piece of information--"if they are sharing the same cabin."

On a 7 day cruise, Cheers is roughly $400 which comes out to roughly $57 per day. If you figure an average of $7 per drink (which will vary depending on what you drink), that would mean you would need to drink 8 drinks per day to roughly break even. Bottled water is not included in the program, but you do get a 25% discount on purchasing bottled water with the Cheers package.

What type of drinks do you usually purchase? That will factor in to determining the "financially advantageous" answer.

I like Mimosas with breakfast on a cruise, but never drink them at home. So take that kind of thing into account too. You might want to try some different drinks on your cruise that you wouldn't normally drink. Having the Cheers package would make that more attractive. You could try some of Carnival's special drinks that you've never had before. :-)

Carnival doesn't provide any opportunity for one adult over 21 to opt out of buying the Cheers package; i.e., if one wants it, they both have to buy it for it to work. It doesn't matter whether their S&S accounts are linked if they are sharing the same cabin. That is the key piece of information--"if they are sharing the same cabin."

On a 7 day cruise, Cheers is roughly $400 which comes out to roughly $57 per day. If you figure an average of $7 per drink (which will vary depending on what you drink), that would mean you would need to drink 8 drinks per day to roughly break even. Bottled water is not included in the program, but you do get a 25% discount on purchasing bottled water with the Cheers package.

What type of drinks do you usually purchase? That will factor in to determining the "financially advantageous" answer.

I like Mimosas with breakfast on a cruise, but never drink them at home. So take that kind of thing into account too. You might want to try some different drinks on your cruise that you wouldn't normally drink. Having the Cheers package would make that more attractive. You could try some of Carnival's special drinks that you've never had before. :-)

Keep in mind that while at home in the cold eight drinks on a warm ship sounds easy. When you factor in three or four four port days it becomes less easy to do and less of a bargain.

You already know the answer as you posted it yourself. The rules are pretty clear "NO EXCEPTIONS."

As far the other question, search around here. People have posted a financial breakdown on many threads about this. It all comes down to how much your preferred drink costs. If you like a $10 drink then you'd need roughly 5 to break even.