Disney Suite or Connecting Rooms

jshalps

My family just returned from a cruise on the norwegian epic which was fantastic. We stayed in the haven in a two bedroom villa and felt pampered from start to finish. We have two young kids who will be 4 and 7 on our next cruise and have decided to give disney a try. We are looking at 2 connecting 4a rooms or a 1 bedroom suite on the disney fantasy. The cost difference is extremely high at 4,000 dollars. Additionally connecting rooms are very expensive on their own even before adding in this money. When reviewing the concierge amenities and disney suite features it seems there is not as much value than norwegian and it is double the money. Does anyone have some input as to whether there is a legitimate case to be made that concierge is the way to go here on the disney fantasy. Free drinks are great but they don't seem so free with the rate they are asking......

I've done both and I don't think the suite is worth it. We prefer the two rooms actually. My kids are older than yours (15 and 12) so they prefer the real beds(in the connecting rooms) to the pull outs in the suite. We didn't really use the concierge service much either, though we were on the Wonder in the suite on the Fantasy you'd have the lounge. Personally I'd go with connecting 5d's that's what we had and found it perfectly adequate. The size difference between the the two categories isn't much especially since you would have two cabins you really wouldn't need the extra 30sq ft extra per room. It's really just an extra chair and room for a pull down bed that you probably wouldn't use anyway. So why pay for it!!

I will chime in (although never stayed in a suite, just a deck 2 Stateroom) but would say how much value you take on pampering?

Yes in a Concierge suite they will arrange dining and shore EX, maybe get you a reservation that wasn't available at Palo or Remy, you get included (not free) drinks at certain times, and there are snacks and bottled water blah blah blah.

But your SRH will take care of every need you can reasonably ask whatever the cat.

I would opt for 2 connecting rooms, more space, connecting balconies so no issue there, and try DCL and see if it is a fit for your families style of cruising and vacation.

You and yours may not like Disney's style of cruising and vibe, so to spend so much money on the back foot is too much of a risk IMO.

Try it at the lower price, see if you like it and go from there with a suite is my opinion.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Personal opinion--a cat 4 is overpriced to begin with, especially considering the small amount of extra space you get. For best value, I'd go with connecting cat 6s.

OK, the Walt/Roy suites are amazing. It is a totally different experience than 2 connecting cabins. Differences that may not be obvious--you can order room service from Palo as well as from the main dining rooms. You can book excursions/spa/adult dining at 120 days before embarkation. Priority tendering, golf cart ride to the beach on Castaway, etc. And, essentially, any reasonable request will be met; they try really hard to not ever say "no" to a concierge level guest, especially one in the Royal Suite category.

BUT...you have basically doubled your cruise cost for nice robes, extra toiletries, and free drinks. "Worth it" is always a personal judgement...but honestly, I'd rather have 2 cruises. And we have always been well treated on DCL regardless of the category we've chosen.

I agree with Moki'sMommy....if you're going to pay full fare for four adults in two connecting staterooms, you're much better off going with a Cat 6.

The last I'd heard, only the Royal suites on Disney can order from Palo.

I've stayed in a Haven two bedroom suite, and the ONLY thing that would be better in a one bedroom on Disney would be the size of the balcony. And honestly, nothing compares to the Haven.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

You are correct that only the Royal/Walt/Roy suites can order from Palo. Sorry, I saw the reference to the 2 bedroom villa and equated that with a Royal suite. Just re-read post to see that OP is looking at a 1 bedroom on the Fantasy--so no Palo orders.

However, I stand by my suggestion--depending on dates, the difference between 2 cat 6 and 2 cat 4 will be $1500 and up (about $700 for each cabin). That's based on a quick check of 3 different dates. I'd happily save the $1500 and have connecting cat 6 rooms. The difference between a cat 4 and a cat 6 is really not a lot with 2 people staying in the room.

You are correct that only the Royal/Walt/Roy suites can order from Palo. Sorry' date=' I saw the reference to the 2 bedroom villa and equated that with a Royal suite. Just re-read post to see that OP is looking at a 1 bedroom on the Fantasy--so no Palo orders.

However, I stand by my suggestion--depending on dates, the difference between 2 cat 6 and 2 cat 4 will be $1500 and up (about $700 for each cabin). That's based on a quick check of 3 different dates. I'd happily save the $1500 and have connecting cat 6 rooms. The difference between a cat 4 and a cat 6 is really not a lot with 2 people staying in the room.[/quote']

Agree! More space, two full divided bathrooms....

The only sad part about the way Disney built their newer ships is that they really are less family-friendly. I wish they'd made MORE two bedroom suites, rather than less or none. This way, though, they can charge a family of two adults and two or more kids for FOUR adults. :(