Your favorite thing to do in Western Caribbean ports (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel)

stefani_

Did you book water jet skiing through the cruise ship? I don't see it on the shore excursions document from RCL's website!

I am active and I will definitely look into this! Have you done this before? Did you book through RCL?

We booked the second time for our upcoming Allure sailing next July.

This way we have time to go to the beach, get our loungers, and dump off our bag.

Yes it is on the excursion site.

Even though they are follow the leader we had the time of our lives, that is why we do it again and again.

Sea Ya

Hello CCers!

I'm looking for your input on what you like to do in the Western Caribbean ports (Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel). I am interested in perspectives in terms of excursions, just exploring the port without an excursion, local food, and shopping. (For example, are there nice beaches in any of the locations which don't require joining an excursion to get to?) This list is not exclusive so feel free to provide any and all of your input on the ports!

We will be cruising 12/15 on the Allure (first time!) but are planning to spend most of our port time on the ship to enjoy its amenities unless there is something really spectacular to do in-port. As of right now, we don't have any plans for excursions but we do plan to disembark to walk around, at least for a while, and we would appreciate having some idea of what to do!

Thank you :)

labadee lazy beach mat day all day long stay away from adrenaline beach

Falmouth duns river falls a must see of course cozumel stringray city was cool as was the blue trek helmet dive and go to jennie s beach club for the best margaritas

Cozumel - We have snorkeled a few times (it's okay...popular spots so they can be crowded), swam with the dolphins (AWESOME), and our last visit we took the long tour to Tulum (awful, asked for our money back -- first time we have ever done that on an excursion with Royal Caribbean). One time we also took a cab to the ruins that were on the island and the driver gave us a private tour -- pretty awesome (the ruins are really interesting -- used to be a fertility temple kindof place).

Labadee - We are getting a cabana for our visit next month for the first time. I have parasailed there, which is awesome. It's just a great beach island.

Falmouth - Never been! But we are going to hit up red stripe beach. We had several visits to Ocho Rios on the other side of the island and were never in love (although we did do horseback riding in the ocean there -- if they have a tour like that, it's well worth it -- and I think they do).

We are on the Allure sailing on the 15th also.

Labadee - just a beach day

Falmouth - Liberty tours. Great reviews!!

Cozumel - Bar hop. I must say that this is an amazing day. You are taken by van/small bus to the eastern (undeveloped) side of the island and stop at 4 bars. You get a sample at each bar or their specialty drink. The food is authentic and wonderful. The tour guides are very entertaining and knowledgable. Honestly, even a non-drinker like my father has a great time. The scenery is beautiful. This is actually the 2nd time this year we are going. In the last email, Tom even said there was still room.

Jenn

We LOVED!!! Dunns River Falls. It was an amazing day! We did the Dunns River & Green Grotto Caves tour (I think someone mentioned it above) through RCI. It was really fun, great bus driver and tour guide. You go to the caves first, which really breaks up the LONG drive to Dunns River, and then on the way back there's no stops and it's just a long drive (but we were tired from the long day, so we just relaxed and chatted with our bus mates).

I highly highly recommend it if you are physically capable. It's awesome!

There is not so much you can do at Labadee but hang at the beach, do the ziplines and roller coaster. Have not been to Jamaica but at Cozumel I would take the ferry to Playa del Carmen. That is a MUST see, the 5th avenue is like a way cheaper St Maarten´s frontstreet. Love it love it.

Do you catch the ferry to Playa del Carmen close to where our ship (the Allure) docks or do you have to take a cab? I assume this is an excursion you do on your own and not the ship's? Is it special because of the beaches or something else? We are older in age cruisers so beaches are not on our to do list anymore! Trish

There is not so much you can do at Labadee but hang at the beach, do the ziplines and roller coaster. Have not been to Jamaica but at Cozumel I would take the ferry to Playa del Carmen. That is a MUST see, the 5th avenue is like a way cheaper St Maarten´s frontstreet. Love it love it.

What kinds of things do they sell, what did you buy? Got any pics?