First time on MSC

ehogan

We will be on the Opera in July2014 for our first time cruising during school holidays.

While we prefer early dining we also enjoy a quiet dining experience. Should we opt for a later seating?

Thanks in advance.

How does a later seating make it quieter??

Fewer children perhaps?

Yes definitely fewer children on second. Although some with young kids use the buffet rather than MDR. French, Spanish, Italians etc do eat later and do eat with their kids. Don't really like making generalising, but have noticed that it seems to still be the norm in Southern Europe for kids to be used to sitting at dining tables for a lengthy meal so on the whole they behave quite well compared to British kids who seem more used to not having to sit at dinner table for a long time.

Definitely recommend eating breakfast and lunch in MDR compared to buffet, so much more peaceful and civilised.

Yes definitely fewer children on second. Although some with young kids use the buffet rather than MDR. French, Spanish, Italians etc do eat later and do eat with their kids. Don't really like making generalising, but have noticed that it seems to still be the norm in Southern Europe for kids to be used to sitting at dining tables for a lengthy meal so on the whole they behave quite well compared to British kids who seem more used to not having to sit at dinner table for a long time.

That is unfair on the British. I was always perfectly behaved at the dinner table as a child. It is only recently that, well, that is another topic.

That is unfair on the British. I was always perfectly behaved at the dinner table as a child. It is only recently that, well, that is another topic.

So was I well behaved but that was when adults were in charge and we were supposed to be seen and not heard and if my grandmother or great aunt were with us, I barely moved never mind made a noise. Those were seriously scary ladies. Still I do have very good table etiquette thanks to them.