Petra

geoffers1gwb

We haven't visited Petra from a cruise ship, but when we stayed in Jordan, but this should still apply.

In order to see Petra you have to walk around the site, there is not really any other option. There are also parts where you can climb up to get further views of the site.

There's a walk down to where the site starts, and when we were there you could pay to go on horseback to that point if you wished, but from there it's walking all the way.

Well worth it though, it's an impressive place. We spent a lot more than three hours there.

Edited by callyuk

See you on board, we are doing the first sector and looking forward to Petra which is the only ship excursion we will be doing. Very exciting.

You MUST go to Petra - it's something I've been wanting to do for years. It's a 9.5 hour day, so 3 hours walking out of that won't be too bad, probably a good thing?

Edited by jeanlyon

You must not miss Petra. It's a great place. I have taken an organised excursion from a Fred. Olsen ship and, despite the distance, we saw a great deal.

Sadly, I shall miss out on this occasion as I am not boarding the "Balmoral" until it reaches Dubai.