Poor TV Channel Selections on RCL

jcg4550

LOL. Do they just drag a really long cable from land? Maybe they can use the same cable the use for electricity as well :)

Tom

They need to get cable TV , more channels to watch to keep them occupied so they arent looking at what everyone else is doing and bothering us with it.

If you are an American who has cruised around Europe you'll find that most of the stations are not in English.

We just came back from the Caribbean. Yes, the stations aren't that great, but at least we had a little more English stations to choose from.

DrD-soccerdad is right. I meant we, as my family all fall asleep to the TV on and it stays on all night. Terrible habit but actually-we wake up if it goes off!!:(

Trust me, I know how bad the TV is on Royal.:eek:

I am the same way, turn the TV off, I wake up.

LOL. Do they just drag a really long cable from land? Maybe they can use the same cable the use for electricity as well :)

Tom

*LOL*

Well they already have to string the electrical wires , how hard can it be to add cable and even telephone for that matter :)

Kidding aside... we agree that cruises would be a lot more enjoyable for all if people spent less time worrying about what others are saying, wearing, or doing and just made the most of their own vacation time.

And a few good old shows on TV to watch while our spouses are getting ready couldn't hurt.

Tom

*LOL*

Well they already have to string the electrical wires , how hard can it be to add cable and even telephone for that matter :)

I always take a laptop so each day I copy all photos and organize them on it. That way my camera cards have plenty of room on them each day. I also put around 20 movies on it for just incase. I think the only time we have watched a movie was in the hotel before or after the cruise. As for TV channels well sorry I am on VACATION the outside world ceases to exist. And the ships shows are great for us. Let me make clear by US I mean DW and I.

Eat more BACON

Kidding aside... we agree that cruises would be a lot more enjoyable for all if people spent less time worrying about what others are saying, wearing, or doing and just made the most of their own vacation time.

And a few good old shows on TV to watch while our spouses are getting ready couldn't hurt.

Tom

I not only agree with you I will raise that .........LIFE would be more enjoyable if if people spent less time worrying about all those things :)

A you could watch Gone With The Wind from beginning to end waiting for my wife to get ready *LOL*

This thread reminds me of a line we say at work . I am a 9-1-1 dispatcher , and since this whole SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING campaign we get some real winners.

Most are our usual coo coos , or those Gladys Kravitz types that live in front of their front picture windows with -9-1-1 on their speed dials.

Whenever we get a live one we say >Man she needs to get cable, she is really hard up for entertainmeny

OMG. I understood ever word you wrote. :D

There is plenty of downtime that you are in the cabin and the TV provides entertainment/background while you are in there.

It does serve a real purpose and having a crappy poor selection just to save a few bucks is unexceptable.

Especially when the So-called "lesser" cruiselines provide superior programming.

People act like they are "above TV" because they are on a cruise so we need to be out & about 24/7 playing bingo, slot, trivia, sillyness, ect. I don't buy it.

Passengers watch much more TV than you think.

Just look at this thread. 95 replies in 2 days..........

matj2000- I agree with you wholeheartedly. I haven't read any response here that indicated that people cruise for the purposes of watching tv. Gawd... if i pay for a cabin that has a lot of space and a balcony, doggone it, I'm gonna spend SOME time in there relaxing. And a good tv program helps to do that. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had fun watching some old I Love Lucy re-runs on a previous sailing; had plenty of remaining time to enjoy the rest of the ship. TV programming matters to some of us!

When we were on our Oasis cruise, we watched TruTV all the time. We didn't spend much time in our room, but there were times when we just wanted to take a little break, especially after being out all day on an excursion. If there wasn't anything on TV, we'd load up a TV show on our laptop (we brought 3 TV series with us) and watch an episode or two.

On the second last evening of the cruise, we were both exhausted from our excursion that day, so we decided to stay in our room after dinner. There was a marathon of South Beach Tow and COPS running on TruTV and we just stayed in and snuggled and relaxed. That was one of the best nights on the cruise, because we just talked, laughed, and relaxed without stress of knowing that we had a show scheduled and we needed to be out at a certain time. Having better TV wouldn't hurt for those who want to spend some time unwinding that way, if they so choose to.

When we were on our Oasis cruise, we watched TruTV all the time. We didn't spend much time in our room, but there were times when we just wanted to take a little break, especially after being out all day on an excursion. If there wasn't anything on TV, we'd load up a TV show on our laptop (we brought 3 TV series with us) and watch an episode or two.

On the second last evening of the cruise, we were both exhausted from our excursion that day, so we decided to stay in our room after dinner. There was a marathon of South Beach Tow and COPS running on TruTV and we just stayed in and snuggled and relaxed. That was one of the best nights on the cruise, because we just talked, laughed, and relaxed without stress of knowing that we had a show scheduled and we needed to be out at a certain time. Having better TV wouldn't hurt for those who want to spend some time unwinding that way, if they so choose to.

Sounds like a great way to spend time together... With DWs and my hours we almost never get to watch our favorite shows when they are actually being aired. God bless the DVR. We always set aside an evening to just watch that weeks episodes of our shows all at once. And you can watch alot when you zip through all the commercials *LOL* And we have crackers and cheese and some wine , or something like that. And it is really nice because it is not something we can do every night with our hours.

And it could actually be a fun and romantic :) thing to do on a cruise too.

When we were on our Oasis cruise, we watched TruTV all the time. We didn't spend much time in our room, but there were times when we just wanted to take a little break, especially after being out all day on an excursion. If there wasn't anything on TV,.

I totally forgot about they showed TruTV.

But it wan't the real TruTV with all the funny shows like "worlds dumbest' , Impractical jokers, most shocking, ect.

It was "inside america's prisons". And they played it over & over 24/7.

The kind of stuff that you really want to see on vacation:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by matj2000

YEEEESSSS!!! South Beach Tow on TruTV was soooo funny to watch on Oasis last year in September! I had completely forgotten about that show. It gave us a lot of laughs during our down-time in the cabin.

Glad to see some people 'get it'. Not everyone likes to people watch on the promenade all day or sit by the pool. AND, if someone DID want to spend all day in the cabin watching TV, more power to them. After all, it's their vacation.

I don't remember having TruTV. I would have LOVED that! I don't think I'll ever get tired of World's Dumbest. LOL!!!!