Airfare for next year?

cocacola86

I'm not sure about doing it through Carnival, but normally airlines will only allow you to reserve flights up to 330 days out at the most, depending on the airline. I would imagine that the flights through Carnival are similar.

We're booked on the Valor for next November, just wondering if anyone knows when you can book airfare through Carnival?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carnival's Fly Aweigh Program states:

"Fly Aweigh® can be added to any cruise booking up to 331 days prior to sail date, and for certain sailings further out. To book your flight arrangements, contact us at 1-800-CARNIVAL. Flights will be confirmed 75 days prior to sailing and can be viewed via our website at https://www.carnival.com/bookedguest/."

http://www.carnival.com/legal/fly-aweigh.aspx

You will definitely have better flights and most likely save money if you book your own flights. As other posters told you, flights can be reserved and paid for as far as 330 days before the actual date of your scheduled flight. I normally schedule a cruise up to a year in advance. After my deposit is paid I then search for flights. I normally fly to my departure port at least one to two days prior to my cruise. After the cruise I fly home a few days after the cruise ends. On most occasions as the cruise date gets nearer the airfare gets higher.

I use my iPhone app to track airfare pricing and send me alerts, this has saved us thousands over the past couple of years. I will never book under or from anyone else ever again. It is also addictive, waiting and watching then like gambling, is this the lowest or will it go down more. This is my preference, not for everyone but it is for us.

Just your opinion, why would you not book through Carnival? We book through Carnival just cause than we can add it to our booking.

Main reasons are it's much less expensive to do it on your own and you have control of your booking. There have been plenty of horror stories of Carnival putting folks on connections they can't make, or having multiple connection flights when others are available or having terrible flight times.

Edited by vacruizer

We're booked on the Valor for next November, just wondering if anyone knows when you can book airfare through Carnival?

personally from all the stories I've read, i've never booked my airfare through carnival. Go in the day BEFORE and get a hotel room.

Carnival can not control the airlines and with so many delays, cancellations, it is not worth the headache/worry that your flight will arrive on time.

I've traveled other places and have had my flight delayed the last few times and then after 2 delays on the same itenery, they cxl'd the 2nd segment.

We're flying from either buffalo or toronto to San Juan, my sister in law used to be a TA and she had said to book your airfare ASAP as the price could go up.

Hold off on buying your airfare for next November right now -- when tickets first go on sale (usually 330 - 350 days out), they're priced high; they want the people who'll pay any price just to guarantee a seat to pay. In most cases you'll find better deals in the 6-month out range, and then again around 60-90 days out.

I'd also recommend checking right after New Years for airfare deals --- in the past the airlines have dropped prices for later in the year right around January 5 or so. No guarantee, but it may work.

We're flying from either buffalo or toronto to San Juan, my sister in law used to be a TA and she had said to book your airfare ASAP as the price could go up.

From Hagersville, do not even bother to check Toronto as it will be a longer drive and likely double the price as a flight from Buffalo. BUF is also a nicer airport in many ways.

I have had good success (in finding good prices) with waiting for Southwest to release their flights, but they are always much later than others airlines.

An example of cruise line air, I don't think it was carnival though.

Cruised out of Tampa and flew in from Los Angeles. Non stop to Tampa day before with the hotel picked up by the cruise line. Comfy.

Returning, flight 2pm to Atlanta from Tampa. 4 hour layover. Then flew us to Denver, 6 hour layover. Then to San Francisco, 1 hour layover, then to Los Angeles. I think I save $50 a person for this.

Never again, now I book my own flights.

I am booked for November 16 Valor sailing. When is yours? I too am waiting for airline rates but I will either book Spirit or Southwest. I don't think Spirit opens up past Nov 6 till April, at least that's the way it was last year.

Gracie65, my DH and I are also booked for nov 16 on the Valor. Haven't seen a roll call yet.

Me either, I looked & thought about starting it. I love to be active on The Roll Calls. I'll look again and if nobody has started I'll go ahead. Maybe there are some others like us just waiting on it to get started!!LOL

OK, consider it started, here is the link hope you will come join me!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40943728#post40943728

Edited by gracie65

• 4 weeks later...
Just your opinion, why would you not book through Carnival? We book through Carnival just cause than we can add it to our booking.

It's always my preference to do my own booking for flights, I have more control over when I do it, what airlines I chose, and I don't like the domino effect of having things tied together. Plus as the OP said, it is a lot cheaper. I've never booked a cruise through a cruise line either for that matter.