Valor Vacation Review Dec 1-8 (+2 days in Old San Juan) PHOTOS!

seannyice81

• 5 months later...

Hey

Sean

Can you let me know more about the Valor Room you were assigned. I am may be getting the same room. Just curious about Pro and Cons of the rooms if you don't mind. We are concern motion sickness noice etc. Please let me know.

Hey

Sean

Can you let me know more about the Valor Room you were assigned. I am may be getting the same room. Just curious about Pro and Cons of the rooms if you don't mind. We are concern motion sickness noice etc. Please let me know.

Cabin 7220 was great. There weren't many cons. There was a little rocking, but being toward the front you might occasionally feel waves hit the bow more than anything. Even then, it wasn't what I'd consider a bad thing.

Noise wasn't really an issue. Those a deck below on deck 6 had the theater noise to deal with.

We are sailing in March. Can't wait!!! Loved your review and pictures. How long does it take to disembark on the last day? Do you need the First to the fun pass to get off first? Our flight is at 11:00ish. Just don't want to miss it. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
We are sailing in March. Can't wait!!! Loved your review and pictures. How long does it take to disembark on the last day? Do you need the First to the fun pass to get off first? Our flight is at 11:00ish. Just don't want to miss it. Thanks again.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Depending on when you sail in March, You may be on Liberty instead.

The ship made port in San Juan around 6am, if not a tiny bit earlier. Debarkation started about 8. I'd suggest opting for self-assist if you do not get an early zone luggage tag. Faster to the Fun did get us off the ship earlier, around 8:30 iirc.

Hello Sean. Were the areas around your cabins quiet? An noise issues? Thank you!

Yes. No real noise issues.

Edited by seannyice81

Love the review. The Carnival Valor was my first Carnival ship....I will definitely cruise on the Valor again soon

Thank you, Brianna. Come this March, Valor will be a road-trip option.

If you have not done the Southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan, I highly encourage you to do it!

Nice review and awesome photo's.

Thank you.

Thank you, Brianna. Come this March, Valor will be a road-trip option.

If you have not done the Southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan, I highly encourage you to do it!

Thank you.

Hello. Yeah we cruised on the Carnival Destiny in 2006 out of San Juan. I'm not a big fan of the Southern Caribbean itinerary....too many ports. I'd rather have a 7-day cruise to nowhere.....haha

• 1 month later...

Sean,

I know I'm very late to this party, but I just discovered your review and love it! I'm going on my first solo cruise for my 30th in December and your reviews have put me at ease! Would love to pick your brain a little more!

Thanks,

Alaina from New Orleans

Edited by alainamarie

Sean,

I know I'm very late to this party, but I just discovered your review and love it! I'm going on my first solo cruise for my 30th in December and your reviews have put me at ease! Would love to pick your brain a little more!

Thanks,

Alaina from New Orleans

Thank you, and ask away :)

Edited by seannyice81

Thank you, and ask away :)

I know you don't want to put your email address out there, but I just wanted to know more about your solo experience. I can't quite figure out how to send a message on here!

We have an active roll call, but celebrity is known more for an older crowd- so I may realllly be solo! The dining room is what terrifies me- I'm signed up for the largest table at the late dining. Also, doing the ports alone make me a little nervous too. Any thoughts?

Too bad you can't do another cruise in December after the one next month!

-Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have an active roll call, but celebrity is known more for an older crowd- so I may realllly be solo! The dining room is what terrifies me- I'm signed up for the largest table at the late dining. Also, doing the ports alone make me a little nervous too. Any thoughts?

Too bad you can't do another cruise in December after the one next month!

-Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, Alaina!

I did a completely solo trip on Carnival Victory last March/April. It surprised me how good of a time I had. My upcoming Splendor cruise will be solo too (though we're getting along really good in our pre-cruise pages).

I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise (yet) but the best advice I have is to stay positive and outgoing, which you seem to be. Last cruise, I was seated at a larger table for assigned dining and became really good friends with 2 others as a result. I also had great conversation when I sat down with others for breakfast in the dining room too. Everyone is on vacation and most are in a good mood unless they partied too hard or have something on their mind. As far as age goes, there were some people older than me that were of younger mind-set. I'm certain you'll find some good company.

As far as excursions, being solo gives you a great opportunity to see and do what interests you without necessarily compromising. While there were times I would have enjoyed and missed company, it was also excellent going at my own pace.

When I was in Nassau, we were warned about an up-tick in crime at the port. I didn't have any issue when I walked through the city to the Queens Staircase. 2 single girls I had met on the ship also did the same without issue. If I were you and felt a little uneasy about it, I would just research as much as possible, form and then stick to a plan. You'll feel more in control, and ultimately more safe. :)

Cruise Critic doesn't allow messaging, even for forum-friends. I'm not sure I want to share my email here. Obviously, I can't mention specific social sites, but I will say that if you search for "seannyice" on one of them, I should be the first that comes up. Feel free to contact me there. :cool:

Edited by seannyice81

Hey, Alaina!

I did a completely solo trip on Carnival Victory last March/April. It surprised me how good of a time I had. My upcoming Splendor cruise will be solo too (though we're getting along really good in our pre-cruise pages).

I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise (yet) but the best advice I have is to stay positive and outgoing, which you seem to be. Last cruise, I was seated at a larger table for assigned dining and became really good friends with 2 others as a result. I also had great conversation when I sat down with others for breakfast in the dining room too. Everyone is on vacation and most are in a good mood unless they partied too hard or have something on their mind. As far as age goes, there were some people older than me that were of younger mind-set. I'm certain you'll find some good company.

As far as excursions, being solo gives you a great opportunity to see and do what interests you without necessarily compromising. While there were times I would have enjoyed and missed company, it was also excellent going at my own pace.

When I was in Nassau, we were warned about an up-tick in crime at the port. I didn't have any issue when I walked through the city to the Queens Staircase. 2 single girls I had met on the ship also did the same without issue. If I were you and felt a little uneasy about it, I would just research as much as possible, form and then stick to a plan. You'll feel more in control, and ultimately more safe. :)

Cruise Critic doesn't allow messaging, even for forum-friends. I'm not sure I want to share my email here. Obviously, I can't mention specific social sites, but I will say that if you search for "seannyice" on one of them, I should be the first that comes up. Feel free to contact me there. :cool:

You rock ;) I THINK I just added you & I hope it's you! Thanks for the sound advice. I'm outgoing & have an open mind, so I hope that gets me far. In the process of finalizing excursions.

Thanks & chat with ya soon!

Alaina