For those that left; what will it take to convince you to come back?

LMaxwell

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Just a refresher

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Perhaps you should read where it says that members are not to post the rules for others in an attempt to correct their rule violations.

Its funny that you are trying to give someone else a refresher when you need one yourself.

Edited by arush5268d

Perhaps you should read where it says that members are not to post the rules for others in an attempt to correct their rule violations.

Its funny that you are trying to give someone else a refresher when you need one yourself.

Sure, if you say so lol

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

All that is, is a disclaimer for the internet for people not to take everything they read at face value and not to be vulgar. Doesn't say "now only say nice things and gloss over the iffy parts of your review!"

Not convinced. If it was against the rules, CC would have removed all of the unhappy posts by now.

See ya. Definitely wouldn't wanna be ya. :)

Do all critics criticize ?

By definition, I would personally say Yes.

But it appears many have, over the years, morphed it into something considered primarily negative. That's sad.

cri·tique (kribreve.gif-temacr.gifkprime.gif)

n. 1. A critical review or commentary, especially one dealing with works of art or literature.

2. A critical discussion of a specified topic.

3. The art of criticism.

tr.v. cri·tiqued, cri·tiqu·ing, cri·tiques Usage Problem To review or discuss critically.

[French, from Greek kritikemacr.gif (tekhnemacr.gif), (art) of criticism, feminine of kritikos, critical; see critic.]

Usage Note: Critique has been used as a verb meaning "to review or discuss critically" since the 18th century, but lately this usage has gained much wider currency, in part because the verb criticize, once neutral between praise and censure, is now mainly used in a negative sense. But this use of critique is still regarded by many as pretentious jargon, although resistance appears to be weakening.

By definition, I would personally say Yes.

But it appears many have, over the years, morphed it into something considered primarily negative. That's sad.

cri·tique (kribreve.gif-temacr.gifkprime.gif)

n. 1. A critical review or commentary, especially one dealing with works of art or literature.

2. A critical discussion of a specified topic.

3. The art of criticism.

tr.v. cri·tiqued, cri·tiqu·ing, cri·tiques Usage Problem To review or discuss critically.

[French, from Greek kritikemacr.gif (tekhnemacr.gif), (art) of criticism, feminine of kritikos, critical; see critic.]

Usage Note: Critique has been used as a verb meaning "to review or discuss critically" since the 18th century, but lately this usage has gained much wider currency, in part because the verb criticize, once neutral between praise and censure, is now mainly used in a negative sense. But this use of critique is still regarded by many as pretentious jargon, although resistance appears to be weakening.

It is sad, way to much negativity. If people spent more time on the forums talking about what they like instead of what they don't, they might be happier. But for those people maybe not.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Simple would be a re-reading of the thread title and original post and then deciding if your constant message telling people to go away is appropriate or not to the thread.

I was hoping for a discussion about changes and improvements, I never suspected a bully brigade telling people to leave and stay away and it's just fine as is. Don't worry, there are plenty of people who WILL be quite content to make more cuts if it means fare reductions. Sooner or later you too will question if the offering is inline with your vacation wants.

And when you come on here and say "Gee, I really wish the MDR had brunch like they used to" or "I really wish Platinum guests still had priority perks"(for example) I hope you are accepting of others telling you to go away/stay away/don't make their cruise cost any more $.

Some people don't understand that we WANT to love Carnival. We've loved it in the past, a Carnival cruise is included in our fondest memories. We want that again. That's why we talk about it, that's why we're here. That's why we try to tell Carnival what we're missing.

I really really miss the live music and I absolutely hate the DJ on the Lido deck.

I really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included having my drink delivered before dessert.

I really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included two minutes of conversation with our servers instead of never seeing them except when they toss our food in the general direction of our table, leaving us to sort out who ordered what.

Yes, I'd pay more for those small changes.

Nowhere did I say the lowest price the better, if that was the case I'd book an inside cabin on the lowest floor I could, I don't. What I said was, I'm happy with what CCL offers, I don't want more so why pay more. Those of you who want more, go to or stay with another cruise line that offers what you want. I know, it's just too simple.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Not as simple for everyone. I cruise every few years by choice. I choose the line based on the type of vacation I want, with rate not always the utmost consideration. I loved Carnival because people can be fun, doing things we know they wouldn't attempt in their everyday. I kissed a girl on my last cruise. Yeah, it was on the cheek but I left that detail out for my DH. In the evening you could still dress up and walk in a dining room that was clearly worth the effort to use duct tape:eek:. After a very good meal and nap, go to the disco, to drop it like it's hot before retiring in a very comfortable bed. I was willing to pay premiun for this experience before the cutbacks. I haven't found this the experience on any other line s(RCL 8x and Pricness 2x). I want Carnival to stay true to what made the experience FUN:D I book Princess for the elegance and laid back (boring) experience. RCL, to try things someone my age shouldn't on an amazing designed ship.

Edited by Blk_Amish

some people don't understand that we want to love carnival. We've loved it in the past, a carnival cruise is included in our fondest memories. We want that again. That's why we talk about it, that's why we're here. That's why we try to tell carnival what we're missing.

i really really miss the live music and i absolutely hate the dj on the lido deck.

i really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included having my drink delivered before dessert.

i really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included two minutes of conversation with our servers instead of never seeing them except when they toss our food in the general direction of our table, leaving us to sort out who ordered what.

yes, i'd pay more for those small changes.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

why do you think everyone has to enjoy the same things you do? Whether you want to believe it or not (again your arrogance is coming through) i really don't care about live music. In fact i enjoy watching people do karaoke and having fun on stage more than i enjoy watching a band play. On the lido it is just background noise to me. I prefer a good book with an ocean view to distract me. My dd is a dancer. I hear music all the time...i like quiet areas on a ship where i can relax.

as for entertainment, imho carnival offers good entertainment. Is it the best, no. But i don't need the best on every cruise and when i want better and want a switch up from carnival i usually do pay a higher price to sail other lines. When we were made our decision to sail ncl epic we didn't even look at what ccl had to offer because i didn't want to be tempted with a lower price. We wanted a newer larger ship and a change up from carnival because we had just done 3 cruises on them. There was nothing wrong with those cruises and we enjoyed them very much. We just wanted something different this time. We narrowed our choices to ncl epic and rccl oasis. Same itinerary, same week, same 2 inside rooms. Ncl epic was $1000 less for the 4 of us. The entertainment on epic was right up there with our disney cruises and we had a great time. But i am not willing to pay a premium for better entertainment with every cruise. Once in a while is a special treat and it is fun to mix things up once in a while. If we are not in the mood to mix it up and carnival comes in at a lower price for our itinerary and timing....then we will be sailing ccl because the entertainment is not our main focus when cruising. It may be for you....but don't be arrogant enough to assume that we all have to have the same likes you do. I for one do not.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

go mizzou!!!!!!!

Some people don't understand that we WANT to love Carnival. We've loved it in the past, a Carnival cruise is included in our fondest memories. We want that again. That's why we talk about it, that's why we're here. That's why we try to tell Carnival what we're missing.

I really really miss the live music and I absolutely hate the DJ on the Lido deck.

I really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included having my drink delivered before dessert.

I really miss having a lovely dinner in the main dining room that included two minutes of conversation with our servers instead of never seeing them except when they toss our food in the general direction of our table, leaving us to sort out who ordered what.

Yes, I'd pay more for those small changes.

How many zeros do I need after the 1:).

Edited by Blk_Amish

Not as simple for everyone. I cruise every few years by choice. I choose the line based on the type of vacation I want, with rate not always the utmost consideration. I loved Carnival because people can be fun, doing things we know they wouldn't attempt in their everyday. I kissed a girl on my last cruise. Yeah, it was on the cheek but I left that detail out for my DH. In the evening you could still dress up and walk in a dining room that was clearly worth the effort to use duct tape:eek:. After a very good meal and nap, go to the disco, to drop it like it's hot before retiring in a very comfortable bed. I was willing to pay premiun for this experience before the cutbacks. I haven't found this the experience on any other line s(RCL 8x and Pricness 2x). I want Carnival to stay true to what made the experience FUN:D I book Princess for the elegance and laid back (boring) experience. RCL, to try things someone my age shouldn't on an amazing designed ship.

-1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. That should do it :)

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Edited by nitro2448

I'm arrogant for wanting to enjoy live entertainment on vacation? That's quite an irrational statement. The cold this week is getting to a lot of people...for immediate improvement to attitude just take 1 carribean cruise and call me in a week.

No you are arrogant for assuming that everyone is like you and that we all need live entertainment on a vacation to enjoy it and if we say differently we are obviously lying:rolleyes:.... I don't really care the you need to have live entertainment to enjoy your cruise. Fine book a cruise with live entertainment...just don't try putting words in my mouth and say that I need it too and I should hate it that Carnival no longer has as much live entertainment as it used to. I really don't care whether they have it or not.