New Italian Ports on Lirica Summer cruise

AmoMondo

Just been poring over the Med cruise itineraries for the summer and whilst many are a repeat of previous years or very similar, I noticed that the Lirica has a very interesting itinerary with ports of call at Trapani and La Spezia. Don't recall MSC calling at either these ports before. Need to research a bit more.

Decision, decisions, I was pretty much sold on the POesia's 9 night West Med trip in late September but am seriously considering the Lirica now. New ports versus new ship? ( I know the Poesia is not new but it would be new for me!)

Just been poring over the Med cruise itineraries for the summer and whilst many are a repeat of previous years or very similar, I noticed that the Lirica has a very interesting itinerary with ports of call at Trapani and La Spezia. Don't recall MSC calling at either these ports before. Need to research a bit more.

Decision, decisions, I was pretty much sold on the POesia's 9 night West Med trip in late September but am seriously considering the Lirica now. New ports versus new ship? ( I know the Poesia is not new but it would be new for me!)

Ah but do remember the Lirica may have been newly stretched, according to one report, by 14th July.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I'd forgotten about that. They are just advertising suites, Oceanview and insides, so maybe not putting any balcony cabins in

They are also still advertising itineraries right through the Summer right up until the repo to South America - despite the officially announced stretch before she goes! I would think a good gambling shot would be to choose any guarantee category available, either inside or oceanview, especially towards the end of the season and especially if you happen to have a black card - providing you would be happy to try out a new balcony cabin that is. Amo, your valued opinion could change the fate of the other Lirica class ships.

Edited by Skipper Tim