Celebrity Solstice Drinks Question

alan9945

We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice in February. As there will be 9 sea days in our cruise we are considering the purchase of the premium beverage package. Unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of the 123GO promotion as we are from the UK and we would have lost our deposit. However we like to drink wine at dinner and usually have at least a bottle and a half between the two of us as well as sparkling water. As we have read several posts where the service in the MDR has been slow we are wondering whether we should forget the package and buy bottles of wine.We are booked in for select dining.

Has anyone recently had drink service problems in the MDR particularly in Select dining?

Thanks.

Hi,

Can't comment on recent service...but one thing to keep in mind...If you purchase a Premium Beverage Package, which as you know is good for a myriad of different drinks (alcoholic, soft, coffees, water, juices etc) you also get a 30% discount on the purchase of any bottles of wine (20% on Classic Package).

Enjoy

Woody

I understand about losing your deposit, but have you checked out prices with an American TA? It may be worth losing your UK deposit IF you can get a cheaper price AND the beverage package.

We booked with an online agency which is based around the american word for holiday. It was about 40% cheaper than UK travel agent prices.

Worth checking out if you haven't already.

As for your question, if you only buy wine and water, the drinks package probably is not worth it. If you are very keen on quality wine, you probably won't think too much of the wine available on the beverage package. I've had a look at the list and the quality of wine on the premium package is much better. Still, on the classic it isn't Echo falls quality, so totally drinkable if you are not really fussy. The other thing is you will only get wine by the glass on any package, they will not leave the bottle, pllus the packages do not cover wine in Cellar masters.

I think unless you get the 123 Promo, forget the beverage packages and look into getting a wine bottle package and bringing your own water on board.

Edited by kfowinst

When I first read about all the sea days I was going to say Get the package! But if you only drink wine at dinner and sparkling water, I'd agree with KFOWINST. Buy a wine package or just buy bottles. If you have left over they'll serve it to you the next day or you can take it to your cabin.

If you were to take the package, I'd suggest the Premium for higher end sparkling and still waters as well as many more options of wine by the glass. Also I don't know if you drink coffee or tea (iced or hot) but don't forget the lovely Cafe al Bacio for premium coffee and tea drinks.

Lastly, although recently, it was next to impossible to find a bar waiter, it did seem as though the sommeliers did a very good job of keeping wine glasses topped off.