Arcadia

Sunshine Boy

Hi All

Been away for a while but I am thinking of booking a cruise on Arcadia for the first time.

As I require an adapted cabin although there are choices they are limited at this time.

There are some adapted cabins for full time wheelchair users and part time users.

Following a complicated telephone call to P and O to enquire on cost and availability I am now lost on which to choose.

Perhaps you kind people out there that have had experience or some knowledge of Arcadia could offer some info and or advice.

What are the part time cabins like for instance door width?

Cabins that have been offered are either next to the glass lifts or at the front of the ship are they ok?

Any other info would be gratefully received

happy Christmas to all

regards

Steve

:o

If the sea is a bit lumpy then you'll feel the movement of the ship more in forward (and aft) cabins. The forward cabins are a bit further to the restaurant and buffet.... but closer to the theatre, Crows Nest & the Rising Sun bar (all of which I spend far too much time in).

Midship cabins next to the glass lifts are fine, it's unlikely you'll hear the lifts as they are quiet. Little ship movement even when the sea is quite lumpy. If you have a balcony next to the glass lifts then you can be seen which may or may not bother you. I guess it depends on what you are doing ;)

As far as door width... perhaps Dai will answer that?

VP

If the sea is a bit lumpy then you'll feel the movement of the ship more in forward (and aft) cabins. The forward cabins are a bit further to the restaurant and buffet.... but closer to the theatre, Crows Nest & the Rising Sun bar (all of which I spend far too much time in).

Midship cabins next to the glass lifts are fine, it's unlikely you'll hear the lifts as they are quiet. Little ship movement even when the sea is quite lumpy. If you have a balcony next to the glass lifts then you can be seen which may or may not bother you. I guess it depends on what you are doing ;)

As far as door width... perhaps Dai will answer that?

VP

Sorry I do not use adapted cabins. But as far as I have seen the doors are wide enough.

Our friends have had a cabin next the the glass lifts, and never heard anything.

The only thing you may find is if you are in a balcony cabin, people in the lifts can see your balcony I believe. However, I have'nt first hand experience of that.

Wherever you choose, I'm sure you'll love Arcadia, she's a lovely ship

Lou