Which suite perks are better Norwegian or Royal Caribbean?

rocky55

Hi. I know I am posting in Norwegian, but I want to do a suite with perks on my next cruise this summer. I have cruised a good amount, never in a suite with perks. I am just wondering why you liked Norwegian suite perks better. I have narrowed down if I do Norwegian, going on the Breakaway. I live 1 hour from NYC. If I did royal, I haven't decided yet.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have never cruised in anything but a suite in the last 10 years. The "Suite Life" on NCL is like no other provided you are in a true suite room.

We have only cruised the Haven and love the privacy, service, and amenities. There is no other mass cruise line that allows us to be spoiled by a butler and concierge the way NCL does. HAL has a Concierge Lounge not even opened all the time, Carnival has nothing, and I cannot even remember anything memorable about my RCCL Suite other than the room being big.

IMHO there is very little to compare to the Suite life on NCL and we love leaving out of NYC.

Enjoy whatever you decide.

Edited by mommyto2girls

We have never cruised in anything but a suite in the last 10 years. The "Suite Life" on NCL is like no other provided you are in a true suite room.

We have only cruised the Haven and love the privacy, service, and amenities. There is no other mass cruise line that allows us to be spoiled by a butler and concierge the way NCL does. HAL has a Concierge Lounge not even opened all the time, Carnival has nothing, and I cannot even remember anything memorable about my RCCL Suite other than the room being big.

IMHO there is very little to compare to the Suite life on NCL and we love leaving out of NYC.

Enjoy whatever you decide.

Thank you so much! I am going to do Norwegian. Have you been on the Breakaway? If yes, which suite did you go in? I am really excited!!!!

I stayed in the second most expensive suite on the Vision of the Seas and got nothing but upgraded toiletries for being in a suite. It's no contest. With the butler and concierge service, access to the Haven and suite-only dining options, you can't beat NCL's suite experience.

I stayed in the second most expensive suite on the Vision of the Seas and got nothing but upgraded toiletries for being in a suite. It's no contest. With the butler and concierge service, access to the Haven and suite-only dining options, you can't beat NCL's suite experience.

Have you been on the Breakaway?

NCL by far is the better suite perks. We have done nothing but suites for the past 8 cruises on NCL, 2 in mini-suites before that and one Owners Suite on RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Only two things good about the RCCL perks - the Concierge Lounge with the open bar for 2 hours per night and the free pressing for formal nights. Everything else on NCL by far outweighs the overall RCCL experience. Would we do RCCL again? Yes - we have another cruise on Rhapsody booked for May 2015 but only because of the itinerary - I don't see NCL going to Dubai any time soon or through the Suez Canal. Wish NCL would do the RCCL concierge lounge concept for the open bar but it would be a huge out of pocket to them so not holding my breath.

Have had Carnival suites, which amount to nothing more than a bigger cabin, and priority boarding which is not really a perk in most ports.:o

Have had a Royal Caribbean suite, and really noticed nothing important, or much to remember, except the cost and a really big aft balcony!:rolleyes:

Booked an NCL aft Penthouse Suite for a really good price, and they have guaranteed many things.. Butler/concierge, etc... and from everything I have heard from the boards, it happens!:D

We shall see... :cool:

Ditto. NCL is the clear winner in terms of suite perks. Even RCI's largest ships don't come close to offering as many services or private facilities for suite passengers. RCI does not offer butler service, let alone 24 hour butler service like NCL. However, RCI does have a concierge that performs many of the same duties of an NCL concierge. On Oasis and Allure, there is a very small "Concierge Club" that serves breakfast and lunch, similar to how NCL suite passengers dine in Cagney's or the Haven Restaurant. RCI Concierge Club meals are of poor quality in comparison to even other onboard venues (can't beat Johnny Rocket's for breakfast). Cagney's breakfasts and lunches are of better variety and quality. The Haven, with its private pool, sauna, small gym, large sun deck, and restaurant puts RCI to shame. Other than the Conceirge Club, and a tiny private sun deck, there is not much else you get once you're onboard.

I have a friend that just got back from a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. A group went in together and had the Presidential Suite that has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. I was supposed to go but had to back out due to other issues.

Anyway, she said that NCL suite perks were a heck of a lot better than anything that they got for booking that huge suite. She said that the concierge lounge was about the only good thing about it. And the huge balcony that came with the suite. She said from now on she'll be doing suites on either NCL or Princess. She wasn't impressed with the suite perks on RCCL.

Check out Frommer's cruise guide. They say NCL has the best suite perks for a mass market line.

Not always perfect but very worth the cost for us.

The perks I enjoy in order:

B&L in Suite venue.

Large room, I prefer multi-room with a door, since Zi cruise with mom

VIP boarding

Butler and Concierge

VIP parties

Daily snacks

Elemis products

Now that I am platinum, win-win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you so much! I am going to do Norwegian. Have you been on the Breakaway? If yes, which suite did you go in? I am really excited!!!!

We are going to do an S6 on the Breakaway in March any room with Haven access is the way to go. We normally do the 2 bedroom Haven suite But in a few weeks were are doing a Deluxe Owners Suite on the Gem Just be prepared you will never sail any other way lol

Have you been on the Breakaway?

I have and the suite experience is wonderful. We were in a 2-bedroom Haven suite in the Haven (check my Flickr link for pics). Great suite, Haven lounge, restaurant and pool all feet from our suite. We could have never left the area and been perfectly happy!

Have had Carnival suites, which amount to nothing more than a bigger cabin, and priority boarding which is not really a perk in most ports.:o

Have had a Royal Caribbean suite, and really noticed nothing important, or much to remember, except the cost and a really big aft balcony!:rolleyes:

Booked an NCL aft Penthouse Suite for a really good price, and they have guaranteed many things.. Butler/concierge, etc... and from everything I have heard from the boards, it happens!:D

We shall see... :cool:

Yes, it happens. We've sailed in aft Penthouse suites 3 times.

And here I'll put in a gentle reminder for those new to the NLC "Suite Life" - Your butler and concierge are not part of the DSC (Daily Service Charge) distribution. Therefore you should tip them directly if you feel their service warranted it.

We LOVED our penthouse suite!! (This was our first time in one) I have never been so pampered in my life! NCL really does it right. Looking forward to booking our next cruise already...thank you Lazaro and Roel. Our steward was also wonderful (Joseph).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And here I'll put in a gentle reminder for those new to the NLC "Suite Life" - Your butler and concierge are not part of the DSC (Daily Service Charge) distribution. Therefore you should tip them directly if you feel their service warranted it.

We are aware of the additional gratuity and I'm glad you mentioned it. Someone on another board thought that $2.00 or $3.00 per day should be enough...............seemed too low to me!

Thank you so much to everyone! I am going ahead and booking it!!! I am still not sure if my friend is coming, so if she does I'll do the forward or aft penthouse suite. I know one person said they were in an aft, I was wondering if anyone else has. Is it a big deal to be so far away from the haven? It will still come down to cost when we actually book the reservation. I do love how the aft balcony is so huge, and there is a second bathroom, but I am wondering if that is a big deal when you have access to the Haven pool area.

Thank you so much to everyone! I am going ahead and booking it!!! I am still not sure if my friend is coming, so if she does I'll do the forward or aft penthouse suite. I know one person said they were in an aft, I was wondering if anyone else has. Is it a big deal to be so far away from the haven? It will still come down to cost when we actually book the reservation. I do love how the aft balcony is so huge, and there is a second bathroom, but I am wondering if that is a big deal when you have access to the Haven pool area.

I was wondering the same about aft distance to haven. We are booked on the breakaway. Aft Penthouse.

Is being so far an issue?

She said from now on she'll be doing suites on either NCL or Princess.

I realize the OP didn't ask about Princess, but they have great suite perks too. Here are some of them:

~upgraded balcony furniture with 2 loungers, 2 chairs, 1 large table

~complimentary minibar set up

~CD/DVD player with DVD library

~pillow top mattress

~deluxe linens and pillow menu

~luxury towels and bathrobe

~fresh flowers

~upgraded bathroom amenities incl bath salts and gel eye mask

~hot tubs, wet bar, and fireplace in selected suites

~priority embarkation, disembarkation lounge, priority tendering to port, priority shore excursions, priority reservations for Chef's Table, ship tour, Princess Cays bungalows

~free unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and shoe polishing

~dedicated line at passenger services

~free use of Thermal Suites

~breakfast in Sabatini's with complimentary mimosas

~elite lounge with free appetizers and discount daily drink

~full room service menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner from MDR

~daily deluxe canapes

~afternoon tea in cabin

~free dinner on embarkation night in specialty restaurant

~"welcome goodies" on embarkation day

~corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

~choc covered strawberries each night

No butler or concierge, but the steward brought us anything we asked for. Room service delivers all food to cabin. We loved our suite and will have another one next year.

I was wondering the same about aft distance to haven. We are booked on the breakaway. Aft Penthouse.

Is being so far an issue?

I think you just have to make more of a concentrated effort to go to the Haven. Not an issue per say, but you want to go to the Haven as often as possible to get your monies worth.