Carnival Imagination

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any of recents cruisers that have been on Carnival Imagination ? I have been reading the reviews lately and they are quite bad.. This is starting to worry me a bit! If anyone has recents experiences on this ship can you please tell me your experience! I have been on 4 Carnival ships including Carnival Miracle, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Breeze. I also been on Freedom of the seas! I never had a bad experience on a ship yet, and I am wondering how someone that is on vacation and especially on a cruise ship can have such a bad experience and complain so much!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Cruises are the best

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any of recents cruisers that have been on Carnival Imagination ? I have been reading the reviews lately and they are quite bad.. This is starting to worry me a bit! If anyone has recents experiences on this ship can you please tell me your experience! I have been on 4 Carnival ships including Carnival Miracle, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Breeze. I also been on Freedom of the seas! I never had a bad experience on a ship yet, and I am wondering how someone that is on vacation and especially on a cruise ship can have such a bad experience and complain so much!

Thanks in advance!

I was on the Imagination last week and all told, it was not bad. It is obviously an older ship with fewer amenities but it was fine for the short hop we were on. My biggest complaint was with the very ordinary to below average cabin steward service and the AWFUL service and attitude they exhibit in the gift shop. So bad and condescending they make you not want to go in there at all. Overall it is a decent ship with a decent itinerary.

I did two B2Bs on the Imagination this year. The crew was attentive, ship clean, food fine and entertainment good. There was more than six months between my cruises and yet, I was stopped by many crew welcoming me back, having remembered me.

Always nice to be remembered!

OP complainers love to post their negative views and often far outnumber the posts by those who have enjoyed their cruise.

I've never been on this ship, but doesn't it do the shorter cruises. If so, I wondering if the complainers are more disappointed in the party atmosphere that these sometimes shorter cruises have. I'm about to go on our 6th Carnival cruise, and we've always had good and friendly service.

Edited by 2 cruzen

I just got off 2 weeks ago. The shows were great. If you have anytime dining ask for Acer. He was great.

I have to say that our room steward was just average and I second the comment about the gift shop staff. Just rude!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I just got off 2 weeks ago. The shows were great. If you have anytime dining ask for Acer. He was great.

I have to say that our room steward was just average and I second the comment about the gift shop staff. Just rude!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yeah, food and entertainment was adequate although we had Percy crews as one of our two comedians and he was just awful imo. Our room steward was Wendell, and he did not do a bad job but he did not go above and beyond. For example, we used our carnival issued bar soap midway through the cruise and he never gave us a new one. We had to use soap from the shower dispenser to wash our hands. Guess they dont have extra soap bars in the hotel budget anymore. Lol.

I hate to single out individual employees if they do a bad job but I have to mention how rude Marley in the gift shop was. Carnival has always tried to use deceptive tactics concerning pricing and positioning of products in the gift shops but disrespecting customers who are just trying to buy ssouvenirs in front of everyone in the shop kinda crosses the line.

We were on the Imagination in October 2012 and October, 2013. Both 4 day'ers.

We had such a great time last year we went back again this year and brought DD and her boyfriend.

For her age, she is spotless.

Do not go in expecting RCCL Allure, or any of CCL's bigger ships and you will enjoy yourself a lot.

The service, at least for us, was excellent, our room steward was great, and we did Anytime Dining, Miss Anna was our waitress, and she was WONDERFUL.

She will be repo'ing to the Sensation in Feb and we were thinking of a cruise on that ship just for her.

Dinning room service on that cruise was on par or better with the best we have had with Celebrity.

Food was ok to good.

We did not go to the disco, but went to the comedy shows and other drinking venues, and there were no knock down drunks that CCL seems to get an undeserved rap for. At least that we saw.

Of course it is a "booze cruise" and the crowd is ready to have some fun.

All ages are well represented. We are in our fifties/sixties.

The music is a little to "urban" on deck for our taste, but after a few Buds, all is well.

Dress code is a little lax for us but I even wore my Tux on Elegant Night. Only one we saw. I loved it.

After reading some of those reviews myself, I'm convinced they are plants for the competitors.

Go, enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Imagination in October. We had a wonderful cruise. We loved the size of the ship as we were able to walk front to back without getting lost (I do that a lot on larger ships. hehe). The dining staff was wonderful. Our cabin stewards were wonderful. The food was great and we had NO complaints. We were a group of 12, from ages 23 to 58 and everyone had a good time.

Enjoy your trip!

We were last on the Imagination in 2007, but we loved the ship and thought it was great for an older ship. Don't put too much credence into other peoples reviews though because some people can be complainers by nature, or just have impossible standards. You'll have a great time.

Edited by cjknox

I think I can give you a good rundown. My last cruise was two weeks ago on the Imagination. Up until that time I've been on 18 different ships from small to huge, old to brand spanking new, CCL, NCL, RCCL, Princess, and a few others!

I won a 4 nighter on the Imagination through work and took my sister and friend because my hubby couldn't get off of work. We all went in with very low expectations because of the size and age of the ship (my last cruise was on RCCL Freedom of the Seas in May). We'd all cruised Carnival previously, but on newer and bigger "fancier" ships. We really kind of didn't care what it would be like because it was free and a good opportunity to get out of the cold Wisconsin weather for a few days.

We were EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised! It brought us back to the days of cruising in the 1990s when we started going on cruises with our parents. Great crazy decor, excellent friendly pool waiters, very attentive dining room wait staff, etc. What a refreshing change from the crowds and mayhem of the larger ships. We met numerous great people on the first day and ran into them frequently throughout the trip.

Good: Cleanliness, deck plan flow, food, fellow passengers, deck waitstaff, entertainment crew. Room and bathroom were good sized compared to some of the larger ships.

Fair: We never met or saw our room steward. Never even knew his name. He did a fine job, but I don't know who it was. Pool games were the same on both days at sea. Lack of creativity there. Food in the dining room was good, but small portions.

EXCELLENT: Loved that they had bingo at the pool instead of pulling everyone out of the sunshine into the theater! Loved the dance lessons at the pool. Loved the piano bar, although it was poorly attended, the piano guy was awesome. Loved that they served potato latkes for those celebrating Hanukkah in the lobby in the evenings (I was not, but I loved that they did that for those who were).

Poor: My only complaint out of the entire cruise was the port schedule for Key West. It really only gives you a couple hours to explore having to trolley from the ship to Mallory square and then back again. Last trolley left at 12:30 for our 1:30 departure time. Very little opened in KW before 10 am so we basically got about 2:30 hrs there for fun. We made the most of it, but it would have been nice with better port times.

Go into the cruise with extremely high expectations and you might not enjoy. Go into the cruise with low expectations and you will be very pleasantly surprised!!

Edited by mrsfuzzmo