Just back from the Summit, 12/7/2013 Southern Caribbean

Ron_L

Thanks Ron for the wonderful review! My husband and I are looking at sailing the Summit this Thanksgiving! Wish the Thanksgiving week went to St. Lucia, but the other islands are a welcome change from our normal Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Really appreciate the time you spent putting this informative review together!

The Champagne dive was incredible.Spit up my coffee.:D

Sorry :D

Thanks Ron for the wonderful review! My husband and I are looking at sailing the Summit this Thanksgiving! Wish the Thanksgiving week went to St. Lucia, but the other islands are a welcome change from our normal Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Really appreciate the time you spent putting this informative review together!

Thank you! I enjoyed going back through the pictures and reliving the cruise.

Ron, thanks so much for your review, my dh & I really enjoyed it! We leave less than 2 weeks & can't wait! Thanks to you we upgraded our drink package since we also enjoy a martini or 2 daily while cruising! Enjoyed your flicker videos of the bartenders as we'll!!

Sharon & Ed

Still trying to figure out an option in Dominica, dh didn't seem too interested in bumpiing tours to the falls & such. I'm sure we will find something good!

Thanks Ron_L for the review and pictures, awesome. We will be on this same cruise/ship Dec. 2014 (a long time away). We will be stayi g in stateroom 9001. Have you (or anyone) ever stayed in a stateroom that far forward?

I'll be in room 9001 in a couple of weeks (Feb 1st sailing). I'll be posting a review with lots of photos & details upon my return!

Hi

We'll be on the Summit on dec 6 too....

In march 2013, we were in cabin 8002 on the Summit which is about the same as 9001. We did like that cabin, it's very big....

Anything special you want to know ?

We want to go on a cruise with the Summit in March and are looking at cabins right now. I'd like to book cabin 8002, but my wife is rather nose sensitive. I looked at reviews about cabin 9000 (the one above 8002) and people said, that the bridge was right in front of the cabin, which led to noise from door slamming.

Do you know, what is in front of cabin 8002? Did you have any noise problems?

Thanks!

Ron, thanks so much for your review, my dh & I really enjoyed it! We leave less than 2 weeks & can't wait! Thanks to you we upgraded our drink package since we also enjoy a martini or 2 daily while cruising! Enjoyed your flicker videos of the bartenders as we'll!!

Sharon & Ed

Still trying to figure out an option in Dominica, dh didn't seem too interested in bumpiing tours to the falls & such. I'm sure we will find something good!

We were recently on the Summit, and Mero Beach is a stunningly beautiful, black sand beach. As the sun gets higher in the sky, the water turns a beautiful dark, sparkling clear blue. Very different from white sand islands.

You don't need to take a tour, just take a cab there on your own, 20 pp and rent chair and umbrella. There are a few nice little places (The passionfruit colada at The Romance Cafe is my fav) to get drinks, and there are restroom facilities. We felt out of the 19 islands we've been to (braggart statement :D) Mero is firmly in our Top 10 for relaxing beach days.

61432_10201332441021281_921541606_n.jpg.8ac0c66fc7d2e737509bfda78c85b7a9.jpg

We want to go on a cruise with the Summit in March and are looking at cabins right now. I'd like to book cabin 8002, but my wife is rather nose sensitive. I looked at reviews about cabin 9000 (the one above 8002) and people said, that the bridge was right in front of the cabin, which led to noise from door slamming.

Do you know, what is in front of cabin 8002? Did you have any noise problems?

Thanks!

Hi

We had the same concern when we did book that cruise... we heard they was noise just outside cabin 9000 and for that, we book cabin 8002.

If I remember correctly, thay was a door but i never saw anyone use that door and during night or day, we didn't heard nothing... super quiet...

The "problem" we found about that cabin, it's far from anything and you do feel the motion of the ship so depends if you are subject to motion sickness

The biggest advantage of that cabin, it's huge....

If I may suggest an option. on my last cruise, we book cabin 3112, which is smaller that 8002 but "newer", it's lower and in the center of the ship...

I highly recommend a cabin 31xx than 8002... We have 3 cruises already book on the Summit and all of them are in the area of 31xx.... I wouldn't go back to 8002....

I think the price is about the same....

Hope it's help

We were recently on the Summit, and Mero Beach is a stunningly beautiful, black sand beach. As the sun gets higher in the sky, the water turns a beautiful dark, sparkling clear blue. Very different from white sand islands.

You don't need to take a tour, just take a cab there on your own, 20 pp and rent chair and umbrella. There are a few nice little places (The passionfruit colada at The Romance Cafe is my fav) to get drinks, and there are restroom facilities. We felt out of the 19 islands we've been to (braggart statement :D) Mero is firmly in our Top 10 for relaxing beach days.

underthebluemoon-thanks for the info! What a beautiful pic!

Sharon

underthebluemoon-thanks for the info! What a beautiful pic!

Sharon

Thanks :) I have about 150 more like it! I could not take enough pictures there. We also bring innertubes with us on our cruises, and float around on every beach. At Mero we floated from one end to the other, without the hassle of jet skis or banana boats running us over :eek:. So relaxing!

Hi

We had the same concern when we did book that cruise... we heard they was noise just outside cabin 9000 and for that, we book cabin 8002.

If I remember correctly, thay was a door but i never saw anyone use that door and during night or day, we didn't heard nothing... super quiet...

The "problem" we found about that cabin, it's far from anything and you do feel the motion of the ship so depends if you are subject to motion sickness

The biggest advantage of that cabin, it's huge....

If I may suggest an option. on my last cruise, we book cabin 3112, which is smaller that 8002 but "newer", it's lower and in the center of the ship...

I highly recommend a cabin 31xx than 8002... We have 3 cruises already book on the Summit and all of them are in the area of 31xx.... I wouldn't go back to 8002....

I think the price is about the same....

Hope it's help

Not sure why you xx out the cabin number in one section but very glad to hear you liked it. We are trying our first 'outside' cabin in 3112 on our second Summit trip. On the first we have a balcony but with the very port intensive trip we thought we'd try an outside and save a few $$$

Not sure why you xx out the cabin number in one section but very glad to hear you liked it. We are trying our first 'outside' cabin in 3112 on our second Summit trip. On the first we have a balcony but with the very port intensive trip we thought we'd try an outside and save a few $$$

We loved 3112! Great location and the bigger window was very nice.

I'm pretty sure that the xx is used to indicate the range of cabins, not to obscure the cabin number.

Sorry for my 'obscure' information

I want to say cabins 3112-3144. All of them are new cabins with a big BIG Windows....

Like Ron said cabin 3112 is a very nice cabin in a super quiet area....

• 2 weeks later...

Michael's Club...

11413687163_030528df99_b.jpg

PC070207 by rclewen, on Flickr

Loving the review and pictures!! Especially like seeing what they did with Michael's Club. When we were on it the December before they were doing construction right there and we had no clue what was going on. Excited to see it looks like they expanded it!! We are thinking about going back on the Summit again next year, so getting excited all over :) Thanks!

I'll be in room 9001 in a couple of weeks (Feb 1st sailing). I'll be posting a review with lots of photos & details upon my return!

Hi Heather, I would like to follow your review when you get back. I added you as a friend in hopes I wont lose your name. Have a great time!

Great Review Ron! We are headed on summit February 2015. We are going with my in-laws. We chose an inside cabin on the sky deck as we will have an almost 2 year old with us and didn't want to worry about a deck. Probably didn't have to, but just being a paranoid parent. Our inlaws took the room with the balcony across from us, so we can enjoy theirs. We are doing different ports on ours. I noticed someone mentioned the drink package but I couldn't seem to located your post on the upgrade you did. Can you explain this? I have never been on Celebrity.

I also heard the "formal nights" are not so formal on Celebrity. Is this true?

TIA!

We will be staying in 9001 for our Dec. 2014 sailing. Looking forward to your pictures and reviews.

Great Review Ron! We are headed on summit February 2015. I noticed someone mentioned the drink package but I couldn't seem to located your post on the upgrade you did. Can you explain this? I have never been on Celebrity.

TIA!

First, we sailed Celebrity last April, did the drink package thing, saved about $200. More convenient to pay ahead, then pay later. You can find out more by visiting Celebrity`s website.

Second, to each their own on formal nights. Some men wear tuxedos, some wear suit/ties. Some ladies wear formals, some wear nice dresses.

And some don`t even dress up, it`s basically for those eating I believe.

Great Review Ron! We are headed on summit February 2015. We are going with my in-laws. We chose an inside cabin on the sky deck as we will have an almost 2 year old with us and didn't want to worry about a deck. Probably didn't have to, but just being a paranoid parent. Our inlaws took the room with the balcony across from us, so we can enjoy theirs. We are doing different ports on ours. I noticed someone mentioned the drink package but I couldn't seem to located your post on the upgrade you did. Can you explain this? I have never been on Celebrity.

TIA!

Thanks!

We booked with the 123 go! Promo and had the free Classic package. We upgraded in advance to the Premium package through our travel agent. At the time it was $11.50/day/person to upgrade.

Edited by Ron_L

Hi Heather, I would like to follow your review when you get back. I added you as a friend in hopes I wont lose your name. Have a great time!

No problem. I just got the friend request today. Only one more day of work to suffer through before cruising this Saturday! Let me know if there's anything specific you want to see pictures of! I'll be happy to post! Thank you!